    Anyone know what this might be?....and how to fix it to ask for both
    again?

    , Apr 20, 2008

  2. Darren Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I had my vpn concentrator setup so someone accessing my network from
    > the outside with a vpn client had to enter a group name and password
    > and then would be prompted for a user name and password.
    >
    > I was then trying to get a LAN to LAN connection working and started
    > playing with Base group settings.
    >
    > Now all that is needed is the group name and password, there is no
    > more prompt for a username and password.
    >
    > Anyone know what this might be?....and how to fix it to ask for both
    > again?

    You must have modified the Xauth (extended authentication) settings in
    the global or user group that this user subscribes to.

    I think (from memory) you need to navigate to Configuration, User
    Management, Groups / Users. Somewhere around there you will see several
    Tabs, one of which will be the IPSEC properties. Scroll down until you
    see Authentication and make sure Xauth is checked. You need to ensure
    that the option selected is the one you use, for example, Internal if
    usernames and passwords are stored on the VPN Concentrator, or External
    if stored on another device.

    Then make sure you have your username and password defined for this
    user. If Local then I believe this is Configuration, User management, Users.

    HTH.

    Unfortunately I dont have a Concentrator to hand so can't 100% confirm
    the menu settings I'm afraid.

    Regards

    Darren

    Darren, Apr 20, 2008