    Conan the Barbarian is anamorphic widescreen, Destroyer is NOT!!!

    Ugh, I was looking forward to picking that up, too.

    Aphelion

    Aphelion, Jan 21, 2004

  2. Aphelion

    Ollie T Guest

    Did not even know about this release. Does it have anything else to offer
    that was not on the SE of Barbarian? Otherwise, I will just stick to not
    having Destroyer until some sort of SE comes out of that.

    HDTV games lists and discussions
    http://www.hdtvarcade.com
    Online shop now open with apparel & misc items

    Ollie T, Jan 22, 2004

  3. Aphelion

    Codswallop Guest

    On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:46:12 GMT, Ollie T wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    >> Conan the Barbarian is anamorphic widescreen, Destroyer is NOT!!!
    >>
    >> Ugh, I was looking forward to picking that up, too.

    > Did not even know about this release. Does it have anything else to
    > offer that was not on the SE of Barbarian? Otherwise, I will just
    > stick to not having Destroyer until some sort of SE comes out of that.

    I believe the Region 4 are anamorphic. I'll check next time I go DVD
    shopping but for now:
    http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/220148
    http://www.dvdorchard.com.au/Product.asp?PND=102665&TargetProg=&LogNumber
    =403206&Qno=TBCTIC0

    Looks like it may have gone OOP though I remember seeing it recently.

    --
    - Cods

    (un ROT-13 to e-mail)

    Codswallop, Jan 22, 2004
  4. The region 4 is indeed Anamorphic, however I have no idea if its OOP or not
    (bought mine a while back)., but ezydvd usually gets stuff in stock all the
    time, so just keep trying (they will tell you when you order if it's OOP, so
    not much to lose by ordering).

    Ratmaster2000, Jan 27, 2004
  5. Aphelion

    Codswallop Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 04:46:39 GMT, Ratmaster2000 wrote in alt.video.dvd:

    > The region 4 is indeed Anamorphic, however I have no idea if its OOP
    > or not (bought mine a while back)., but ezydvd usually gets stuff in
    > stock all the time, so just keep trying (they will tell you when you
    > order if it's OOP, so not much to lose by ordering).

    Yeah I've got the "Barbarian" Region 4 (since I live in Australia, it
    makes sense ;).

    Maybe I should set up shop selling anamorphic "Destroyer" DVDs to
    overseas customers? I swear I saw it recently at a local hi-fi shop for
    very cheap (around AU$18).

    --
    - Cods
    (un ROT-13 to email)

    Welcome to KILLFILE, population: You.

    Codswallop, Jan 27, 2004
  6. "Codswallop" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 04:46:39 GMT, Ratmaster2000 wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >
    > > The region 4 is indeed Anamorphic, however I have no idea if its OOP
    > > or not (bought mine a while back)., but ezydvd usually gets stuff in
    > > stock all the time, so just keep trying (they will tell you when you
    > > order if it's OOP, so not much to lose by ordering).

    > Yeah I've got the "Barbarian" Region 4 (since I live in Australia, it
    > makes sense ;).
    >
    > Maybe I should set up shop selling anamorphic "Destroyer" DVDs to
    > overseas customers? I swear I saw it recently at a local hi-fi shop for
    > very cheap (around AU$18).

    That's about what I paid for mine from ezydvd :) What kills is the ship
    cost, but I usually buy all 5 that I am allowed every ten days and that cuts
    the sting a bit:)

    Ratmaster2000, Jan 29, 2004