    as maybe the PS going bad? I do have a ferret that could of went by and hit
    a wire knocking it offline, say the vga connector.

    brian

    brian s., Jul 8, 2003

  2. brian s.

    MLFnet Guest

    "brian s." <> wrote in
    news::

    > Left my box on while i was out. Came home and the monitor light is off
    > and the cable modem light that says pc link is off. Looking at the
    > tower, both lights were solid green, meaning it was on and hard drive
    > activity. Is this just a fluke as i havent had any problems or is it
    > indicating a problem such as maybe the PS going bad? I do have a
    > ferret that could of went by and hit a wire knocking it offline, say
    > the vga connector.
    >

    > brian

    Sounds more like the machine froze, or fell asleep. Nothing to worry about
    since Windwos based machines are prone to do it.

    -=/ www.PC-Component.com /=-

    MLFnet, Jul 8, 2003

  3. brian s.

    brian s. Guest

    thanks....... :) i didnt do it again yet and has been a good 12 hours on.

    brian

    brian s., Jul 8, 2003
  4. brian s.

    slylittlei Guest

    A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
    arboreal in it's habits: brian s. stated for the record...
    > Left my box on while i was out. Came home and the monitor light is
    > off and the cable modem light that says pc link is off. Looking at
    > the tower, both lights were solid green, meaning it was on and hard
    > drive activity. Is this just a fluke as i havent had any problems or
    > is it indicating a problem such as maybe the PS going bad? I do have
    > a ferret that could of went by and hit a wire knocking it offline,
    > say the vga connector.
    >

    > brian

    I bet the ferret did it... he'll probably deny it, though - they're
    notorious liars... ;-)

    slylittlei, Jul 8, 2003
  5. brian s.

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as slylittlei continued:

    > A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
    > arboreal in it's habits: brian s. stated for the record...
    >> Left my box on while i was out. Came home and the monitor light is
    >> off and the cable modem light that says pc link is off. Looking at
    >> the tower, both lights were solid green, meaning it was on and hard
    >> drive activity. Is this just a fluke as i havent had any problems or
    >> is it indicating a problem such as maybe the PS going bad? I do have
    >> a ferret that could of went by and hit a wire knocking it offline,
    >> say the vga connector.
    >>

    >> brian

    > I bet the ferret did it... he'll probably deny it, though - they're
    > notorious liars... ;-)

    I know a gentleman ferret named Buck who is most congenial. He comes for tea
    on Thursday at three o'clock, and /always/ brings something tasty to eat.
    Last week it was crow, the week before a brace of starling. And always so
    well-turned out. A proper gentleman in every respect.
    --
    Beatrix Potter.

    slumpy, Jul 8, 2003
  6. brian s.

    slylittlei Guest

    A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
    arboreal in it's habits: slumpy stated for the record...
    > I threw back my head and roared with laughter as slylittlei continued:
    >
    >> A hairy quadruped, furnished with a tail & pointed ears, probably
    >> arboreal in it's habits: brian s. stated for the record...
    >>> Left my box on while i was out. Came home and the monitor light is
    >>> off and the cable modem light that says pc link is off. Looking at
    >>> the tower, both lights were solid green, meaning it was on and hard
    >>> drive activity. Is this just a fluke as i havent had any problems or
    >>> is it indicating a problem such as maybe the PS going bad? I do have
    >>> a ferret that could of went by and hit a wire knocking it offline,
    >>> say the vga connector.
    >>>

    >>> brian

    >> I bet the ferret did it... he'll probably deny it, though - they're
    >> notorious liars... ;-)

    > I know a gentleman ferret named Buck who is most congenial. He comes
    > for tea on Thursday at three o'clock, and /always/ brings something
    > tasty to eat. Last week it was crow, the week before a brace of
    > starling. And always so well-turned out. A proper gentleman in every
    > respect.

    Obviously the exception that proves the Rule..!

    slylittlei, Jul 9, 2003