    other, as clearly as you can via the telephone?

    If so how?

    Thanks.
    Representative Trantis, Dec 29, 2003

  2. Representative Trantis

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Representative Trantis" <> wrote in
    news:bsougq$jek$:

    > Is there any way that two people can use their computers as
    > telephones. What I mean is to have two people, somehow, via the
    > internet, talking to each other, as clearly as you can via the
    > telephone?

    It usually isn't as clear as by phone, and unless both people have
    broadband connections the quality is really poor.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Dec 29, 2003

  3. Representative Trantis

    HF Guest

    If you do a search you can turn up all sorts but if it were that
    uncomplicated we would all be doing it.

    MSN Home | My MSN | Hotmail | Shopping | Money | People & Chat
    Home | Advanced Search | My Preferences | Submit a Site | Help | Web
    Directory

    ----

    Results 1-15 of about 664256 containing "internet telephone calls" NEXT >>

    SPONSORED SITES - ABOUT
    High-Quality Voice-Over Internet Calls
    Cut your telephone costs by up to 80% with a Usb phone. No external power
    required. Call any phone anywhere in the world for a fraction of the normal
    cost. Buy call time online.
    www.novellimports.com

    Internet Phone Calls at PalTalk.com
    PalTalk.com is a total Internet communications solution. Sign up now and
    make phone calls over the Internet anytime and anywhere for free.
    www.paltalk.com

    Internet Phone Call
    Download OfficeIntercom to speak to others over the Internet by simply
    holding down a key on your keyboard.
    www.nch.com.au

    WEB PAGES - ABOUT
    Internet Phone Calls - VoIP Telephony
    .... Advertising | eMarketing Tools | Internet Telephone Calls | The Library.
    Market Research | News and Press | Translation ...
    www.internetworldstats.com/calls.htm

    Make Telephone Calls On The Internet
    Make Telephone Calls On The Internet By Dick Eastman Several people asked
    about my new VoIP (Voice over IP) Internet telephone service, so I decided
    to write about it and place the information on the Web. ... Using a dial-up
    modem to place Internet telephone calls is possible -- with some
    difficulties. ...
    www.rootsforum.com/telephony/voip.htm

    Save money on telephone calls in the UK & USA and Internet access & calls in
    Britain
    Telephone calls discounts & savings. Low cost phone services in the UK &
    USA, cheaper international & national phone calls. Internet access in
    Britain. How to pay less ... How to pay less for phone calls in UK. Internet
    telephone calls. UK internet service providers ...
    www.ferreri.freeserve.co.uk/telephonediscounts.htm

    Internet Telephone - Callserve
    Callserve's free software enables low cost PC to phone calls anywhere in the
    World. Use the Internet Telephone to save up to 90% on call rates ...
    Internet Telephone. The Callserve Internet Telephone allows you to make
    calls from your PC over the internet to anywhere ...
    www.callserve.com/SV/news/index.asp?PrNbr=5

    Tiscali Smart Talk for great value phone calls
    .... Save up to 62% on UK calls and up to 89% on International calls compared
    to BT rates - click here to see exactly how ...
    www.tiscali.co.uk/smarttalk

    Callserve - cheap internet phone calls, international calls
    Make internet phone calls, internet calls, cheap phone call, international
    phone call, international calls, via an internet telephone, using Callserve,
    Europe's No 1 internet phone provider. ... and infrastructure enables users
    to make internet telephone calls using their PCs to any ordinary telephone
    in the World. ...
    www.internet-phone-callserve.co.uk/internet_telephone.html

    Callserve - Internet Telephone
    Callserve offer free software to enable cheap telephone calls. Download the
    free software.
    www.callserve.com/cs_calls/cheap_telephone_calls.asp

    PC to phone, Internet Phone - enables telephone calls from your PC over the
    Internet to anywhere in the World
    .... Callserve enables telephone calls from your PC over the Internet to
    anywhere in the World at the most competitive rates ...
    online-telephone.com/pc-to-phone.htm

    Voice Over IP Telephone (VOIP) - Internet Phone Calls UK
    VOIP (Voice over IP) allows you to send and receive telephone calls using
    either the Internet or a private TCP/IP network as the connection.
    www.pipemedia.com/telecoms_voip.cfm

    Internet Telephone Index
    ComBuy.com Internet Telephone Index Internet Phone Services PC-to-Phone and
    PC-to-PC calling at PhoneFree.com -A lternative to the telephone and the
    confusing phone bills that accompany it. ... Eliminate the unwelcome echo
    and delay from your internet telephone calls with Quicknet Technologies. ...
    www.at00.com/directory/internetphone.html

    Internet Broadband, Narrowband and Cheap Telephone Service Providers.
    Great choice of Internet Service Providers for Broadband, Narrowband and
    Dial-up connections, and Cheap Telephone Services for Low Cost National and
    International calls. ... Shop Online for Internet Broadband and Cheap
    Telephone Calls - Traditional shopping ...
    www.oyster.cc/internetproviders.htm

    Datamation Product Watch - product listing by date. Category: Communication
    SubCategory: Internet Telephone. Page 3
    .... acallto inc. Offers free USA calls to customers of its
    Internet-controlled telephone service. Sep. 21, 2000 ...
    www.products.datamation.com/cgi-bin/listing.cgi?Page=3&Cat=Communicati...

    World Calls LD: Voice-Over-Internet Long Distance Service
    World Calls LD offers the World Low Rate Discount Long Distance, Calling
    Cards, Toll Free services that save you 60% on all of your Communications
    needs. ... Eliminate the unwelcome echo and delay from your internet
    telephone calls with Quicknet Technologies. ...
    worldzone.net/commerce/worldcallsld/voip.shtml

    telephone calls | GOOD CONSUMER GUIDE
    .... telephone calls | UK Consumer Guide. Click for US Guide to telephone
    calls ...
    www.goodconsumer.co.uk/telephone_calls/telephone_calls.html

    PARK LANE PC2PHONE RECOMMENDATION FOR CHEAP PHONE CALLS
    Use Callserve's PC to phone software and save up to 85% on call rates. ...
    Internet Telephone Calls. Take advantage of cheap Internet Telephone calls.
    PC to Phone calls enable you to make ...
    www.parklanenannies.com/RecommendedProducts/InternetPhones.asp

    Autosearch from the IE address bar has been improved. If you prefer, you can
    restore the original settings.

    Shopping Results
    STOP MORE SPAM with MSN Internet Software

    Results 1-15 of about 664256 containing "internet telephone calls" NEXT >>

    ----
    Find it on eBay.co.uk
    eBay, the world
    Click here to buy and sell "internet telephone calls" on ebay.co.uk

    Find ''internet telephone calls'' at ThomsonLocal.com

    SPONSORED SITES - ABOUT
    Buy USB Internet Telephone Handsets
    Make free PC to PC calls over the Internet. Low-cost PC to landline...
    www.pakatak.com

    uSwitch Home Telephone Calculator
    Reduce the cost of your phone calls by comparing some of the leading...
    www.uswitch.com

    Try MSN Internet Software for FREE!
    MSN Home | My MSN | Hotmail | Shopping | Money | People & Chat Help

    ©2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of Use Advertise
    TRUSTe Approved Privacy Statement

    "Representative Trantis" <> wrote in message
    > Is there any way that two people can use their computers as telephones.

    What
    > I mean is to have two people, somehow, via the internet, talking to each
    > other, as clearly as you can via the telephone?
    >
    > If so how?
    >
    > Thanks.

    ---
    HF, Dec 29, 2003
  4. Representative Trantis

    Night_Seer Guest

    Representative Trantis wrote:
    > Is there any way that two people can use their computers as
    > telephones. What I mean is to have two people, somehow, via the
    > internet, talking to each other, as clearly as you can via the
    > telephone?
    >
    > If so how?
    >
    > Thanks.

    There is MSN Messenger 6.1 that does audio and voice. Or I figure
    if your savvy enough to set up a server specifically for long distance
    calls, you could use one of the Voice programs for games, like Team
    Speak...though at the moment, the best sound quality is with one called
    Ventrillo. Keep in mind these are meant for gaming and team play, but
    you could set up a server to use for long distance phone calls, as long
    as both of you have the client. I have never set up a server for
    these...so don't ask.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Dec 29, 2003