    get the default video card. please help
    --
    ROLLTIDE
    =?Utf-8?B?cm9sbHRpZGUzNzM4?=, Mar 6, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cm9sbHRpZGUzNzM4?=

    Consultant Guest

    always upgrade the video card to the best you can afford

    Consultant, Mar 6, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?cm9sbHRpZGUzNzM4?=

    kpg Guest

    default video card - come on man, loosen up the wallet.

    ....you want dual pci express cards
    kpg, Mar 6, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cm9sbHRpZGUzNzM4?=

    Consultant Guest

    what? when did they go up to 16?

    Consultant, Mar 6, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?cm9sbHRpZGUzNzM4?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Kline Sphere, Mar 6, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?cm9sbHRpZGUzNzM4?=

    kpg Guest

    Kline Sphere <.@> wrote in news::

    >>default video card - come on man, loosen up the wallet.
    >>
    >>...you want dual pci express cards

    > does this display at least sixteen colors?
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Yes, but 8 of them are the same only blinking.
    kpg, Mar 6, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?cm9sbHRpZGUzNzM4?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Kline Sphere, Mar 6, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?cm9sbHRpZGUzNzM4?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > Kline Sphere <.@> wrote in
    >
    >>>default video card - come on man, loosen up the wallet.
    >>>
    >>>...you want dual pci express cards

    >> does this display at least sixteen colors?
    >>
    >> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    > Yes, but 8 of them are the same only blinking.

    EGA baby, it's the wave of the future. CGA is so old skool.
    Frisbee®, Mar 6, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?cm9sbHRpZGUzNzM4?=

    kpg Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in news:ezs7SZBYHHA.3268
    @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

    > "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >> Kline Sphere <.@> wrote in

    >>> does this display at least sixteen colors?
    >>>
    >>> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    >> Yes, but 8 of them are the same only blinking.

    > EGA baby, it's the wave of the future. CGA is so old skool.

    My first computer had a color monitor - it was amber.

    Hercules Graphis Adapter - I was so hip.
    kpg, Mar 6, 2007
  10. =?Utf-8?B?cm9sbHRpZGUzNzM4?=

    Consultant Guest

    ah yeah, i played falcon flight simulator on that bad boy

    Consultant, Mar 6, 2007
  11. =?Utf-8?B?cm9sbHRpZGUzNzM4?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    > ah yeah, i played falcon flight simulator on that bad boy

    I played MS Flight Simulator on my TRS-80 Model I

    There was a Defender (arcade game) program for that computer that absolutely
    rawked.
    Frisbee®, Mar 6, 2007
  12. =?Utf-8?B?cm9sbHRpZGUzNzM4?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > "Frisbee®" <> wrote in news:ezs7SZBYHHA.3268
    > @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >>> Kline Sphere <.@> wrote in

    >>> Yes, but 8 of them are the same only blinking.

    >> EGA baby, it's the wave of the future. CGA is so old skool.
    >>

    > My first computer had a color monitor - it was amber.
    >
    > Hercules Graphis Adapter - I was so hip.

    Hey, at least the Hercules had graphics. You could also see more cells in
    your Lotus 1-2-3. I had an AST six-pack in mine. More memory than I'd EVAR
    NEED!
    Frisbee®, Mar 6, 2007
  13. =?Utf-8?B?cm9sbHRpZGUzNzM4?=

    kpg Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in

    > Hey, at least the Hercules had graphics. You could also see more
    > cells in your Lotus 1-2-3. I had an AST six-pack in mine. More
    > memory than I'd EVAR NEED!

    Did you use side kick with that Lotus?
    kpg, Mar 6, 2007
  14. =?Utf-8?B?cm9sbHRpZGUzNzM4?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > "Frisbee®" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Hey, at least the Hercules had graphics. You could also see more
    >> cells in your Lotus 1-2-3. I had an AST six-pack in mine. More
    >> memory than I'd EVAR NEED!

    > Did you use side kick with that Lotus?

    Dude, I used Sidekick AND Superkey up until about four or five years ago.

    Borland was my hero until Philipe decided to refer to BASIC as a "toy
    language" one day (They abandoned the Turbo BASIC project) He was just
    jellus of Bill's QuickBASIC.
    Frisbee®, Mar 6, 2007
  15. =?Utf-8?B?cm9sbHRpZGUzNzM4?=

    kpg Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in news:OV1ynrBYHHA.1388
    @TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

    > "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >> "Frisbee®" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Hey, at least the Hercules had graphics. You could also see more
    >>> cells in your Lotus 1-2-3. I had an AST six-pack in mine. More
    >>> memory than I'd EVAR NEED!

    >> Did you use side kick with that Lotus?

    > Dude, I used Sidekick AND Superkey up until about four or five years ago.
    >
    > Borland was my hero until Philipe decided to refer to BASIC as a "toy
    > language" one day (They abandoned the Turbo BASIC project) He was just
    > jellus of Bill's QuickBASIC.

    When I first started working here, we did in-house programming in
    QuickBASIC - but my boss hated MS, so we switched to TurboBASIC
    for a while - but I ran in to a limit on the size of the symbol
    tables during compile - whereas QuickBASIC could use extended
    memory to handle this.

    We did all our real programming in assembly - and we still have a
    DOS based assembly product in use today. Every so often I need to
    get in Codeview and fix a few bugs. There's just something uber-geeky
    about editing assembly code.

    Oh yeah, Vista still sucks.

    0x22
    kpg, Mar 6, 2007
  16. =?Utf-8?B?cm9sbHRpZGUzNzM4?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >but my boss hated MS, so we switched to TurboBASIC
    >for a while - but I ran in to a limit on the size of the symbol
    >tables during compile - whereas QuickBASIC could use extended
    >memory to handle this.

    thankfully i'd never heard of dos or ms way back then.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 6, 2007
  17. =?Utf-8?B?cm9sbHRpZGUzNzM4?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >My first computer had a color monitor - it was amber.

    so your montior was a girl then!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 6, 2007
  18. =?Utf-8?B?cm9sbHRpZGUzNzM4?=

    Consultant Guest

    ah yeah, qbasic.
    remember the gorilla game, where the ape would chuck bananas at the building
    by you entering in the trajectory?

    Consultant, Mar 6, 2007
  19. =?Utf-8?B?cm9sbHRpZGUzNzM4?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > "Frisbee®" <> wrote in news:OV1ynrBYHHA.1388
    > @TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> "kpg" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Frisbee®" <> wrote in

    >>> Did you use side kick with that Lotus?

    >> Dude, I used Sidekick AND Superkey up until about four or five years ago.
    >>
    >> Borland was my hero until Philipe decided to refer to BASIC as a "toy
    >> language" one day (They abandoned the Turbo BASIC project) He was just
    >> jellus of Bill's QuickBASIC.

    > When I first started working here, we did in-house programming in
    > QuickBASIC - but my boss hated MS, so we switched to TurboBASIC
    > for a while - but I ran in to a limit on the size of the symbol
    > tables during compile - whereas QuickBASIC could use extended
    > memory to handle this.
    >
    > We did all our real programming in assembly - and we still have a
    > DOS based assembly product in use today. Every so often I need to
    > get in Codeview and fix a few bugs. There's just something uber-geeky
    > about editing assembly code.
    >
    > Oh yeah, Vista still sucks.

    22 Years ago, I worked for a point-of-sale software developer in San Jose.
    I left them to team up with my current employer, an accounting software
    developer. Back in SJ, they were using the MS no-bells-and-whistles version
    BASIC compiler. My new employer was using IBM's flavor. I wrote my own
    routines in assembler to put and save text windows, and incorporated into
    the BASIC code. Two years after I'd left, we as a company made a trek back
    out there (since we interfaced our accounting to their POS) and demoed our
    newest version. You just can't imagine the smugness I felt when we demoed
    features like drop-down browsing on fields, and their (new) programmers said
    "THAT CAN'T BE BASIC! IT'S TOO FAST!"

    The founders made no effort to retain me when my current employer made me an
    offer. They went belly-up about two years after that. Now they're selling
    picture frames in a frames store.
    Frisbee®, Mar 6, 2007
  20. =?Utf-8?B?cm9sbHRpZGUzNzM4?=

    kpg Guest

    "Consultant" <> wrote in

    > ah yeah, qbasic.
    > remember the gorilla game, where the ape would chuck bananas at the
    > building by you entering in the trajectory?

    oh man yes. I loved that game. I remember debugging it to see
    how they did the gorilla - It was in-line assembly code - I
    thought wow! - this is high end stuff!

    Didn't you just hate it when the wind was blowing really hard?

    That snake game was kinda cool too.

    0x22
    kpg, Mar 6, 2007