    All these parts are brand new and worked yesterday!

    Regards
    Dan
    Dan, Nov 4, 2007

  2. Dan wrote:
    > Hi everyone
    >
    > When I push the power button on my comp, it won't turn on. After removing
    > the case, I see that when I push the button, the CPU and chassis fan turns
    > for a sec then stops. The motherboard power light is on the whole time.
    > What could be wrong??
    > All these parts are brand new and worked yesterday!

    You have something that is shorting out. Remove all the pieces one at
    time to narrow it down. Could be the motherboard is shorting to the
    case, could be an expansion card, could be most any connection.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 4, 2007

  3. Dan

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Dan wrote:
    > Hi everyone
    >
    > When I push the power button on my comp, it won't turn on. After removing
    > the case, I see that when I push the button, the CPU and chassis fan turns
    > for a sec then stops. The motherboard power light is on the whole time.
    > What could be wrong??

    Disconnect the power to all the drives to see if one of those is pulling
    down the power lines. Try another power supply. Then another motherboard
    if that doesn't work.

    > All these parts are brand new and worked yesterday!

    Strange that isn't it? Just about every piece of equipment I've ever
    used that failed on me was working right up to the point where it went
    wrong.
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 4, 2007
  4. Dan

    Guest

    "Dan" <> wrote:

    >Hi everyone
    >
    >When I push the power button on my comp, it won't turn on. After removing
    >the case, I see that when I push the button, the CPU and chassis fan turns
    >for a sec then stops. The motherboard power light is on the whole time.
    >What could be wrong??
    >All these parts are brand new and worked yesterday!

    FWIW: Power good signal
    http://www.pcguide.com/ref/power/sup/funcPowerGood-c.html
    "Until this signal is sent, the motherboard will refuse to start up
    the computer."
    --

    Loyal to the end
    http://i3.tinypic.com/62n4i02.jpg
  5. Dan

    Dan C Guest

    On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 00:18:54 +1100, Dan wrote:

    > Hi everyone
    >
    > When I push the power button on my comp, it won't turn on. After removing
    > the case, I see that when I push the button, the CPU and chassis fan turns
    > for a sec then stops. The motherboard power light is on the whole time.
    > What could be wrong??
    > All these parts are brand new and worked yesterday!

    Unplug the AC power cord to the computer, wait about 30 seconds, plug the
    cord back in, power on the computer. Done.

    Dan C, Nov 4, 2007
  6. Dan

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 00:18:54 +1100, Dan wrote:

    > Hi everyone
    >
    > When I push the power button on my comp, it won't turn on. After removing
    > the case, I see that when I push the button, the CPU and chassis fan turns
    > for a sec then stops. The motherboard power light is on the whole time.
    > What could be wrong??
    > All these parts are brand new and worked yesterday!
    >
    > Regards
    > Dan

    return to store and exchange for another one that works.
    richard, Nov 6, 2007