    machine stops running and powers off, but then a second or two later
    reboots itself. The only thing I can do is turn off the switch at the
    power tap. Can anyone direct me in the right direction?
    JTJersey, Jan 28, 2004

  2. JTJersey

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    JTJersey <> wrote in
    news:p:

    > reboots itself. The only thing I can do is turn off the switch at the
    > power tap. Can anyone direct me in the right direction?

    Either the power button itself is faulty, or you have some type of auto
    power on option enabled in your BIOS. Disable everything, wake from RTC,
    wake on LAN, wake on Modem/Ring, everything. See if this fixes it.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Jan 28, 2004

  3. JTJersey

    Wizard Guest

    "Wake on lan" or such is set in the BIOS.

    Wizard, Jan 28, 2004
  4. JTJersey

    JTJersey Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 05:10:33 +0000, DeMoN LaG wrote:

    > JTJersey <> wrote in
    >
    >> reboots itself. The only thing I can do is turn off the switch at the
    >> power tap. Can anyone direct me in the right direction?

    > Either the power button itself is faulty, or you have some type of auto
    > power on option enabled in your BIOS. Disable everything, wake from RTC,
    > wake on LAN, wake on Modem/Ring, everything. See if this fixes it.

    Found it. Thanks. The "Wake Up on PCI Card" option was enabled.
    Disabled that option and it shuts down normally. Thanks again.
    JTJersey, Jan 28, 2004
  5. JTJersey

    Trent© Guest

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 08:32:27 -0500, JTJersey
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 05:10:33 +0000, DeMoN LaG wrote:
    >
    >> JTJersey <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> reboots itself. The only thing I can do is turn off the switch at the
    >>> power tap. Can anyone direct me in the right direction?

    >> Either the power button itself is faulty, or you have some type of auto
    >> power on option enabled in your BIOS. Disable everything, wake from RTC,
    >> wake on LAN, wake on Modem/Ring, everything. See if this fixes it.

    >Found it. Thanks. The "Wake Up on PCI Card" option was enabled.
    >Disabled that option and it shuts down normally. Thanks again.

    Glad you found the problem on your system.

    That problem, though, was also a bug in 98...that got resolved by a
    patch. You obviously didn't have the bug problem.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    If the cheese isn't yours...its Nacho cheese, man!
    Trent©, Jan 28, 2004