    and scroll lock lights all flash on my keyboard and a normal start is made.
    Does anyone know how to stop it from getting stuck first time? It never
    works first time. Thanks

    shay, Dec 20, 2003

  2. shay wrote:

    >I turn on my pc running windows xp pro, it gets to the screen with the blue
    >bar movinf across then it gets stuck and i have to power down and power back
    >up. Then 75% of the time it will work second time, i notice this time when
    >its at the blue bar screen, the bar pauses and then the caps lock, num lock
    >and scroll lock lights all flash on my keyboard and a normal start is made.
    >Does anyone know how to stop it from getting stuck first time? It never
    >works first time. Thanks

    When you get it started up, go to Control Panel - Administrative Tools -
    Event Viewer, and look for events that have a Red X for the last time
    you started the computer and it failed to start.. Double click the
    event(s) to see what failed to start. Follow the instructions in the
    window, which contains a link to Microsoft Support for further help.
    The MS link is specific to that particular event problem, so if you have
    a bunch of event problems, it may take some time to go through them all.

    Bill Schnakenberg, Dec 20, 2003