    It is an E machine.

    thanks for any help.

    annie

    Lakebunny, Feb 7, 2007

  2. Lakebunny

    Brian Guest

    When you say new moterboard..was it the same motherboard or different type.
    Changing the moterboard affects the power management drivers if it is a
    different board. That could be your problem
    If it is the same board then the APM drivers could be corrupt....not an easy
    task to do for a beginner...easier to reinstall OS but it can be done if you
    have the patience and time and understand how it operates within the OS

    Brian, Feb 14, 2007