    This is the first time this has happened to me. When I try to shut down from
    the Start menu nothing happens. Suggestions?

    Windows XP

    Doug, Apr 24, 2004

  2. Doug

    Boomer Guest

    "Doug" <> wrote in
    news:KABic.93$:

    > This is the first time this has happened to me. When I try to shut
    > down from the Start menu nothing happens. Suggestions?
    >
    > Windows XP

    Hi

    Do you have permission to use Nospam.net in your address?
    Domain Name: NOSPAM.NET

    Registrant:
    Ultimate Search
    GPO Box 7862
    Hong Kong

    Posted earlier today:

    Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 308029
    Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q308029

    Windows XP Shutdown & Restart Troubleshooting
    http://www.aumha.org/a/shtdwnxp.htm

    And general Windows info
    "Windows Shutdown & Restart Center Troubleshooting in 15 Steps"
    http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

    Boomer, Apr 24, 2004

  3. Doug

    ICee Guest

    ICee, Apr 24, 2004
  4. Doug

    gb Guest

    Do you have Norton Antivirus 2003? If so, this could do the trick:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;831431

    gb

    gb, Apr 25, 2004
  5. Doug

    Doug Guest

    Thanks to all who replied. I did a System Restore and everything is okay
    now.

    Doug, Apr 25, 2004