    hwr
    (I would appreciate a copy of any reply being sent to
    .)

    hwr, Mar 24, 2005

  2. hwr

    pengulin Guest

    Seems to be a failing drive. If I understand you correctly, it is failing
    to read the contents of the DVD media (as opposed to being able to read the
    contents of the disk, but not being able to play a movie).

    Failure to read media usually indicates drive failure, unless it is just one
    particular disk. If you haven't done so yet, try other DVDs. If it doesn't
    read any DVDs, you have a failing drive. The fact that the drive reads
    contents from a cdrom doesn't detract from this view, because the drive
    contains a different read head for cdroms.

    pengulin, Mar 24, 2005