    prompted with an error message #1068.

    The wireless card is an "Atheros AR928x Wireless Network Adaptor and the OS
    is Windows XP SP3. The laptop is only 2 months old.

    Dagen, Apr 12, 2009

  2. Make sure the wireless switch in on. Many laptop has a switch or button to
    turn on/off the wireless. Check that first.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\), Apr 12, 2009

  3. Hi..

    if the wireless switch is on....and then also if it is not detecting any
    network, you should follow the follow the following steps.
    There Wireless zero configuration service runs with the help of other
    dependency services and if anyone of the dependent service is off then also u
    can face same issue..
    So try the following article, cheers...!!

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827328/en-us

    Regards

    Himanshu Dogra
    B.Engg, GCB, DBA, MISM (Australia)
    Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer 2003

    Himanshu Dogra, Apr 12, 2009
  4. Hi
    Maybe this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)