    formatted the drive, re-installed WinXP and installed the software again and
    the same thing happened. Any ideas?

    Thanks
    Michelle Beard, Jun 18, 2005

  2. Michelle Beard

    YourNameHere Guest

    If it won't post like it usually does then you could have a broken
    motherboard. Have you tried to enter the BIOS?

    YourNameHere, Jun 18, 2005

  3. I don't think it's a motherboard problem since I had the problem before and
    recovered from it. The first time I installed this software it took a few
    hours to boot, but finally booted. I then wiped the hard drive and
    re-installed WinXP and all has been fine until I tried to install this
    software again. Now the same thing is happening, only it won't boot. My
    computer was on all night last night and when I got up this morning the CD
    lights were still blinking, but the computer never booted.
    How can I enter the bios when the keyboard hasn't even been recognized?
    Any ideas what might be happening? Is the install just stuck? Is the
    software locking up the system? Is it a video problem (which is one of the
    first things to load when the system is turned on, right?)?
    I have no idea what to do next other than disconnecting the hard drive
    booting to another hd, if it will even boot then.

    Thanks for any suggestions

    Michelle Beard, Jun 18, 2005
  4. Michelle Beard

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Michelle Beard wrote:

    > I don't think it's a motherboard problem since I had the problem before
    > and
    > recovered from it. The first time I installed this software it took a few
    > hours to boot, but finally booted. I then wiped the hard drive and
    > re-installed WinXP and all has been fine until I tried to install this
    > software again. Now the same thing is happening, only it won't boot. My
    > computer was on all night last night and when I got up this morning the CD
    > lights were still blinking, but the computer never booted.

    > How can I enter the bios when the keyboard hasn't even been recognized?
    > Any ideas what might be happening? Is the install just stuck? Is the
    > software locking up the system? Is it a video problem (which is one of
    > the first things to load when the system is turned on, right?)?
    > I have no idea what to do next other than disconnecting the hard drive
    > booting to another hd, if it will even boot then.

    Whatever you do, you should not install that program again. :)

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jun 18, 2005
  5. Duane Arnold wrote:

    > Michelle Beard wrote:
    >
    >> I don't think it's a motherboard problem since I had the problem before
    >> and
    >> recovered from it. The first time I installed this software it took a
    >> few
    >> hours to boot, but finally booted. I then wiped the hard drive and
    >> re-installed WinXP and all has been fine until I tried to install this
    >> software again. Now the same thing is happening, only it won't boot. My
    >> computer was on all night last night and when I got up this morning the
    >> CD lights were still blinking, but the computer never booted.

    >> How can I enter the bios when the keyboard hasn't even been recognized?
    >> Any ideas what might be happening? Is the install just stuck? Is the
    >> software locking up the system? Is it a video problem (which is one of
    >> the first things to load when the system is turned on, right?)?
    >> I have no idea what to do next other than disconnecting the hard drive
    >> booting to another hd, if it will even boot then.
    >>

    > Whatever you do, you should not install that program again. :)
    >
    > Duane :)

    That's now verry bad Software that are ot is best not to use.

    Try to contact the author of the application and tell him your problemn, so
    she can work on future project and prevent this and try to create a new
    release without this bug.

    --
    David Van Mosselbeen - DVM
    http://dvm.zapto.org:3333
    David Van Mosselbeen, Jun 18, 2005
  6. Michelle Beard

    YourNameHere Guest

    If you can't enter the BIOS then IT IS a hardware problem. The BIOS
    level stuff happens before anything from Hard Drive or CD-ROM is loaded.
    So if you're having a problem at that level it has nothing to do with
    your operating system.

    If it can't post then you have some faulty hardware somewhere on that board.

    YourNameHere, Jun 19, 2005