    just get the one screen at the bottom it says verifying DMI pool data then
    goes to the windows screen then a black screen before going to the desktop.
    thank you for any help.

    Jo King, Feb 25, 2005

  2. Jo King

    SgtMinor Guest

    Jo King wrote:
    > On windows 98 at boot up my computer used to check various items but now I
    > just get the one screen at the bottom it says verifying DMI pool data then
    > goes to the windows screen then a black screen before going to the desktop.
    > thank you for any help.

    It's a hardware problem: "Error Message "Verifying DMI Pool Data"
    Occurs and the Computer Is Unavailable"

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=287553

    SgtMinor, Feb 25, 2005

  3. Jo King

    Guest

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:58:30 -0000, "Jo King" <>
    wrote:

    |> On windows 98 at boot up my computer used to check various items but now I
    |> just get the one screen at the bottom it says verifying DMI pool data then
    |> goes to the windows screen then a black screen before going to the desktop.
    |> thank you for any help.

    When booting up (in Win98) hit your escape key to skip the windows
    screen, it hides comments and error reports from the bios, config, and
    autoexec files.

    --
    http://it.slashdot.org/it/05/02/25/1328205.shtml?tid=95&tid=158&tid=218

    , Feb 25, 2005
  4. Jo King

    Rob K Guest

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:58:30 -0000, Jo King wrote:

    > On windows 98 at boot up my computer used to check various items but now I
    > just get the one screen at the bottom it says verifying DMI pool data then
    > goes to the windows screen then a black screen before going to the desktop.
    > thank you for any help.

    So what exactly is the problem ? Can't you boot into Windows ? Errors
    after veryfing the DMI pool ? Or is it that you just can't see the
    *first* BIOS output screen ? ( My BIOS displays the "verifying DMI pool
    data" on the second output screen)

    I.o.w, is the computer "unavailable" as per the link provided by the
    Famous Sarge ?

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13
    vf ab ybatre gurer, abg rira ng ubgznvy.

    Rob K, Feb 25, 2005