    If I add a user in the XP control panel can I set the default language for
    that user to English so I can work on it?

    AG
    AG, Apr 1, 2005

  2. AG

    «BONEHEAD>> Guest

    "AG" <> wrote in message
    news:424d7952$0$9406$...
    > I've got to go over to a new customer's place tomorrow. The default
    > language for the computer is Chinese. It was bought originally in Hong
    > Kong.
    > I've got to get the silly thing networked with internet connection sharing
    > enabled for the customer's wife's laptop.
    > His English is really bad and my Chinese is worse since I know one word of
    > Cantonese and it's a curse word.
    > If I add a user in the XP control panel can I set the default language for
    > that user to English so I can work on it?
    >
    > AG

    From what I can see, create user account: login:
    control panel: regional and language settings, advanced tab...
    this could be fun, let us know how you make out....

    --
    <B0N3H3@D>
    «BONEHEAD>>, Apr 1, 2005

  3. AG

    AG Guest

    "«BONEHEAD>>" <> wrote in message

    > "AG" <> wrote in message
    > > I've got to go over to a new customer's place tomorrow. The default
    > > language for the computer is Chinese. It was bought originally in Hong
    > > Kong.
    > > I've got to get the silly thing networked with internet connection

    sharing
    > > enabled for the customer's wife's laptop.
    > > His English is really bad and my Chinese is worse since I know one word

    of
    > > Cantonese and it's a curse word.
    > > If I add a user in the XP control panel can I set the default language

    for
    > > that user to English so I can work on it?
    > >
    > > AG
    > >

    > From what I can see, create user account: login:
    > control panel: regional and language settings, advanced tab...
    > this could be fun, let us know how you make out....
    >

    > --
    > <B0N3H3@D>
    > "I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious." Albert

    Einstein

    Very sarcastic tone: "Thanks"

    I'll report back. :)

    AG
    AG, Apr 1, 2005
  4. AG

    AG Guest

    "AG" <> wrote in message

    > "«BONEHEAD>>" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "AG" <> wrote in message
    > > > I've got to go over to a new customer's place tomorrow. The default
    > > > language for the computer is Chinese. It was bought originally in

    Hong
    > > > Kong.
    > > > I've got to get the silly thing networked with internet connection

    > sharing
    > > > enabled for the customer's wife's laptop.
    > > > His English is really bad and my Chinese is worse since I know one

    word
    > of
    > > > Cantonese and it's a curse word.
    > > > If I add a user in the XP control panel can I set the default language

    > for
    > > > that user to English so I can work on it?
    > > >
    > > > AG
    > > >

    > > From what I can see, create user account: login:
    > > control panel: regional and language settings, advanced tab...
    > > this could be fun, let us know how you make out....
    > >

    > > --
    > > <B0N3H3@D>
    > > "I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious." Albert

    > Einstein
    > >

    > Very sarcastic tone: "Thanks"
    >
    > I'll report back. :)
    >
    > AG

    Well I didn't have to mess with the Chinese computer. He had tried to
    install a hacked version of XP Pro and didn't have the right number. The 30
    days was up and he couldn't get past the signup screen. I don't have and
    wouldn't share if I had an XP Pro serial so I couldn't help him there. I
    did put an antivirus on his sister's laptop and scan it so I didn't totally
    waste my time and his money. The laptop connects to the internet now and
    runs much better without the virus infestations and spyware it had on it.

    AG
    AG, Apr 4, 2005