Computer will not turn off automatically

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Yosimite Sam, May 4, 2004.

  1. Yosimite Sam

    Yosimite Sam Guest

    Many people have been having problems with their system not
    automatically closing down when they 'turn off' their PC. This is
    because of the APM setting which is not enabled. To enable it, right
    click on my computer go to properties select hardware and click device
    manager.
    Click view and then on show hidden devices. You should see the NT ATM /
    Legacy Interface mode with a red cross on it. Double click it and on the
    screen that appears at the bottom choose enable from the drop down menu.

    Your PC should now automatically switch off completely on shutdown.

    --
    Yosimite Sam

    "Bob Rabbone" <> wrote in message
    > I recently Formatted C: and reinstalled windows XP before when I would
    > close the computer down it would close down and then the computer would

    turn
    > off automatically after formating it will not close down automatically

    Can

    Bob Rabbone, May 5, 2004