    spyware tests, and I can't seem to fix the problem. Has this ever
    happened to any of you before? What should I do now?

    , Jul 3, 2007

  2. On Jul 3, 11:35 am, "" <>
    wrote:
    > Ok, so I have been through my share of viruses and computers. I
    > currently have an HP Pavillion dv4000, only 2 years old this summer.
    > Last week, in the midst of a download, my computer stopped and I had
    > to close it. Ever since then, I have not been able to type in any
    > programs (such as Microsoft Word), in any Internet text boxes, or
    > email boxes, either. The only programs in which I can type are Notepad
    > and the search box of iTunes. Therefore, I know it is not a keyboard
    > issue.
    >
    > I have restarted my computer multiple times, run countless virus and
    > spyware tests, and I can't seem to fix the problem. Has this ever
    > happened to any of you before? What should I do now?

    Well, to start with, let me congratulate you on getting this posted
    without a keyboard :)
    I have seen this before, but usually on handheld devices like scanners
    etc. The problem has been another program running which is capturing
    the keyboard input. Maybe a malfunctioning keylogger? It may be that a
    couple of programs work because they get receive input from the
    keyboard in a different way.
    I'd suggest going to task manager and seeing what applications are
    running - see if there's one you don't recognise.

    Best of luck,

    Brett

    Electric Monk, Jul 3, 2007

  3. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > Ok, so I have been through my share of viruses and computers. I

    Best bet in the future is NOT to download them, or install them. That
    way, you wont have to repair the damage they have done even after you
    remove the nasty.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jul 3, 2007
  4. Plato wrote:
    > wrote:
    >>
    >> Ok, so I have been through my share of viruses and computers. I

    > Best bet in the future is NOT to download them, or install them. That
    > way, you wont have to repair the damage they have done even after you
    > remove the nasty.

    Too simple. Can you make this complex? :)

    (Anyway, you're trying to make sense with a Google Groper.)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 3, 2007
  5. ded Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Ok, so I have been through my share of viruses and computers. I
    > currently have an HP Pavillion dv4000, only 2 years old this summer.
    > Last week, in the midst of a download, my computer stopped and I had
    > to close it. Ever since then, I have not been able to type in any
    > programs (such as Microsoft Word), in any Internet text boxes, or
    > email boxes, either. The only programs in which I can type are Notepad
    > and the search box of iTunes. Therefore, I know it is not a keyboard
    > issue.
    >
    > I have restarted my computer multiple times, run countless virus and
    > spyware tests, and I can't seem to fix the problem. Has this ever
    > happened to any of you before? What should I do now?

    OK, give us all a clue please, the download you were in the midst of,
    and your comp froze, and you've had the problem ever since.
    What was the download? Where from? What extension did it have?
    In the situations when you can't type, is the cursor functioning?
    Also, in same situations when typing is not possible have you held
    down keys: Ctrl+Alt+Del (all on lower row of keyboards) and brought
    up Windows Task Manager?
    Try it and let us know what happens when you try "End task" on
    running applications, or if any are listed as "Not responding".

    ded, Jul 3, 2007
  6. WhzzKdd Guest

    "Electric Monk" <> wrote in message
    > On Jul 3, 11:35 am, "" <>
    > wrote:
    >> Ok, so I have been through my share of viruses and computers. I
    >> currently have an HP Pavillion dv4000, only 2 years old this summer.
    >> Last week, in the midst of a download, my computer stopped and I had
    >> to close it. Ever since then, I have not been able to type in any
    >> programs (such as Microsoft Word), in any Internet text boxes, or
    >> email boxes, either. The only programs in which I can type are Notepad
    >> and the search box of iTunes. Therefore, I know it is not a keyboard
    >> issue.
    >>
    >> I have restarted my computer multiple times, run countless virus and
    >> spyware tests, and I can't seem to fix the problem. Has this ever
    >> happened to any of you before? What should I do now?

    > Well, to start with, let me congratulate you on getting this posted
    > without a keyboard :)

    Not only that, but well written and punctuated! I'm impressed :)

    WhzzKdd, Jul 3, 2007