    work, It sounds like it is going to boot up, but everything flashes
    and as soon as I let go of the button the computer does nothing. There
    is no new hardware, so that is not the problem.

    Jody, Mar 31, 2007

  2. Jody

    samuel Guest

    "Jody" <> wrote in
    news::

    > When I hold in the power button in the computer lights up the
    > fans work, It sounds like it is going to boot up, but
    > everything flashes and as soon as I let go of the button the
    > computer does nothing. There is no new hardware, so that is
    > not the problem.

    thanks for sharing ;)

    samuel, Mar 31, 2007

  3. Jody

    Guest

    "Jody" <> wrote:

    >When I hold in the power button in the computer lights up the fans
    >work, It sounds like it is going to boot up, but everything flashes
    >and as soon as I let go of the button the computer does nothing. There
    >is no new hardware, so that is not the problem.

    Assuming it's the switch, Go into your bios
    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm (or the very
    first thing shown on bootup)
    See if you have a setting as to what happens when you press the
    switch, change accordingly.

    Open the computer, follow the wire from the switch to the motherboard,
    disconnect the wire and short the two pins on the motherboard (all
    precautions should be followed) - see what happens. - If it starts up
    change out the switch.

    --
    Deadstar Assembly
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=xqP7N657NSQ