    don't have to reload everything, I would loose a lot of valuable diabetes
    information.

    Madison
    Madison, Feb 6, 2005

  2. Madison

    °Mike° Guest

    There are manual removal instructions here:
    http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=453083037

    Once you have done that, download, update and use ALL
    of the following -- even if you already have them installed,
    UPDATE THEM NOW. Malware changes by the day, even
    by the hour, so you MUST have the latest version of removal
    tools:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware SE
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/addons/vx2cleaner.shtml
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html
    Now maintained by InterMute
    http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe

    On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 15:19:19 -0800, in
    <>
    Madison scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 6, 2005

  3. Madison

    Madison Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > There are manual removal instructions here:
    > http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=453083037
    >

    > Once you have done that, download, update and use ALL
    > of the following -- even if you already have them installed,
    > UPDATE THEM NOW. Malware changes by the day, even
    > by the hour, so you MUST have the latest version of removal
    > tools:
    >
    > Spybot Search & Destroy
    > http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
    > SpyBot S&D guide
    > http://www.chem.wisc.edu/~network/spybot/
    >
    > Ad-Aware SE
    > http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    > Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
    > http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/addons/vx2cleaner.shtml
    > IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    > http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm#Attention
    >
    > Spyware Blaster
    >
    > CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    > http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html
    > Now maintained by InterMute
    > http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html
    > http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe

    Thanks for the reply, a friend told me about Spy Sweeper, I download and ran
    it. I think the "Dealhelper" is gone. If it comes back I will try your
    suggestions.

    Madison
    Madison, Feb 7, 2005
  4. Madison

    Guest

    Madison wrote:

    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> There are manual removal instructions here:
    >> http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=453083037
    >>

    >> Once you have done that, download, update and use ALL
    >> of the following -- even if you already have them installed,
    >> UPDATE THEM NOW. Malware changes by the day, even
    >> by the hour, so you MUST have the latest version of removal
    >> tools:
    >>
    >> Spybot Search & Destroy
    >> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
    >> SpyBot S&D guide
    >> http://www.chem.wisc.edu/~network/spybot/
    >>
    >> Ad-Aware SE
    >> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    >> Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
    >> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/addons/vx2cleaner.shtml
    >> IMPORTANT NOTICE:
    >> http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm#Attention
    >>
    >> Spyware Blaster
    >> http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
    >>
    >> CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    >> http://cwshredder.net/cwshredder/cwschronicles.html
    >> Now maintained by InterMute
    >> http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html
    >> http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe
    >>

    > Thanks for the reply, a friend told me about Spy Sweeper, I download and
    > ran it. I think the "Dealhelper" is gone. If it comes back I will try your
    > suggestions.
    >
    > Madison

    DO THEM ANYHOW, YOU WRETCHED NIT! You have no IDEA of the cruft lurking in
    your machine!
    , Feb 7, 2005
  5. Madison

    Richard Guest

    On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 15:19:19 -0800 Madison wrote:

    > I have a virus or something on my computer. It keeps opening an empty
    > IE
    > window addressed to "http://ads.dealhelper.com". It comes up sometimes
    > when
    > I am using Outlook and every few seconds when I'm using IE. I tried
    > doing a
    > virus scan, I with Norton Antivirus, it didn't help.

    > My Dad won't be home until Tuesday so I don't know what to do. I hope
    > he
    > don't have to reload everything, I would loose a lot of valuable
    > diabetes
    > information.

    > Madison

    You don't by any chance have "Messenger service" turned on do you?
    That cute little thingy that you can send instant messages to anyone else
    online?
    You'll get all lkinds of popup ads with that thing running.

    However, since that particular web page has nothing on it but it's name in
    big letters, I wonder what the real heart of your post is?
    Like a little bit of well conceived spamming?

    Now if you are serious, I wouldn't let an empty window bug you.
    When dad comes home, let him figure it out for himself.
    It ain't no virus. Just some stupid spamming crap.
    Richard, Feb 7, 2005
  6. Madison

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 16:30:17 -0800, in
    <>
    Madison scrawled:
    <snip>

    >Thanks for the reply, a friend told me about Spy Sweeper, I download and ran
    >it. I think the "Dealhelper" is gone. If it comes back I will try your
    >suggestions.
    >
    >Madison

    You're welcome.

    --