    Anyone have any starting points for me?

    Thanks in advance.

    , Oct 31, 2006

  2. Evan Platt Guest

    On 31 Oct 2006 12:02:54 -0800, wrote:

    >Wanted to post and get some suggestions on what tools are available for
    >monitoring users computer and internet usage in a corporate
    >environment... Perhaps something that will log users internet history
    >etc.
    >
    >Anyone have any starting points for me?
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    That depends on how your network is set up, how users connect to the
    internet, what operating system you have available on a server, etc.

    Evan Platt, Oct 31, 2006

  3. why? Guest

    On 31 Oct 2006 12:02:54 -0800, wrote:

    >Wanted to post and get some suggestions on what tools are available for
    >monitoring users computer and internet usage in a corporate
    >environment... Perhaps something that will log users internet history
    >etc.
    >
    >Anyone have any starting points for me?
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    www.google.com

    Once you add the make model brand of any switches / routers you have to
    any Google search you may find something.

    Maybe you even have a proxy server or can get your ISP to provide
    reports of internet usage.

    Me

    why?, Oct 31, 2006
  4. wrote:

    > Wanted to post and get some suggestions on what tools are available for
    > monitoring users computer and internet usage in a corporate
    > environment... Perhaps something that will log users internet history
    > etc.

    The common way is disallow direct internet connections (block port 80 and
    relatives from accessing outbound), and installing a (maybe transparent)
    proxy. That can be as cheap as a linux box with iptables/squid/squidguard
    and logging, or it may be a commercial solution with support contracts.

    Walter Mautner, Nov 1, 2006