    What is the easiest and cheapest way to hook up my stereo to my
    computer. I want to play all my mp3s from my hard drive through my big
    speakers.
    Warren Barr, Nov 23, 2003

  2. Warren Barr

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    (Warren Barr) wrote in news:15098-3FC055AA-33
    @storefull-2231.public.lawson.webtv.net:

    > What is the easiest and cheapest way to hook up my stereo to my
    > computer. I want to play all my mp3s from my hard drive through my big
    > speakers.

    Get a cable (cablesnmor.com sells them) that converts a 3.5mm (ie, for
    computers and headphones) jack into a set of RCA plugs (that typically
    connect to a stereo). You'll be set.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Nov 23, 2003

  3. Warren Barr

    Pepperoni Guest

    Quality will depend on the quality of your PC sound. If you have 5.1, it
    should sound great. If not, maybe you can run the sound through your stereo
    or tape player to gain some control over the quality. I always run my tv and
    pc sound through my vcr because of better quality. Just run your PC
    speaker output through your stereo input, adjust bass, treble, etc through
    your stereo, and the big rat speakers hooked through the stereo. You may be
    able to gain a little quality by adding a good sound card. (depends on what
    you have and what you want)

    Pepperoni, Nov 23, 2003