    virus scan and found nothing. It usually happens when I log in or when I
    open something such as the help menu. I am using Windows XP. Does anyone
    know what might be wrong? Thanks Jamie.
    Jamie, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Jamie

    Ken Dennis Guest

    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 06:50:31 +0000, Jamie wrote:

    > My computer keeps switching off like by itself for no reason. I have done a
    > virus scan and found nothing. It usually happens when I log in or when I
    > open something such as the help menu. I am using Windows XP. Does anyone
    > know what might be wrong? Thanks Jamie.

    You may want to check your CPU and motherboard temperatures. The bios
    setup has the turn off temp's setup in there.

    --
    Ken Dennis
    http://KenDennis-RSS.homeip.net
    Ken Dennis, Oct 20, 2004

  3. Jamie

    Nascar24Rulz Guest

    run tests from pcpitstop.com
    Nascar24Rulz, Oct 31, 2004
  4. Jamie

    bill magousis

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    jamie, my computer was doing the same thing, motherboard overheating was the problem. There was so much dust of the motherboard fan, it was not funny.The dust had blocked the airflow slots and was overheating.Try cleaning the dust.
    bill magousis, Oct 17, 2007