    loose connections on any cards inside the computer, etc. Any ideas? Thanks a
    lot.

    Chad
    Chad, May 30, 2004

  2. Chad

    Jerry G. Guest

    Did you run Scandisk, and then the Defragment utilities. Do a properties on
    your drive, and then go to the Tools tab. You will see the prompt for these
    utilities. If this does not fix the problem, then it is going to start
    getting complex.

    With the proper investigation and time spent, the problem can be fixed.

    --

    Jerry G.
    =====

    "Chad" <> wrote in message
    Hi, I have a Dell 825, 2.4Ghz P4, 512MB ram. I've had the computer over a
    year now, and it has worked great up until now. All of the sudden I have
    started getting a problem where the computer will just stop responding. It
    seems to happen no matter what application I am running. I will be using the
    computer, and all of the sudden everything just stops responding, and my
    hard drive will start to run...pause...run...pause repeatedly. During this
    time, I can do nothing. I can't open, or close programs. The computer will
    do this for 2-3 minutes, then it will just come back, and everything will
    work perfectly for awhile, till the next "attack" comes on. I am out of
    ideas, I have scanned for viruses, spyware, made sure I didn't have any

    Jerry G., May 30, 2004

  3. Chad

    Chad Guest

    Yes, I have 2 hard drives in my computer, and I have tried running a Scan
    Disk, and Defragment on both of those. There were no errors, and nothing was
    improved. Thanks

    Chad

    Chad, May 31, 2004