Computer speech synthesis

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by comcdp, Apr 24, 2009.

  1. comcdp

    comcdp Guest

    Speech synthesis is the artificial production of human speech. A
    computer system used for this purpose is called a speech synthesizer,
    and can be implemented in software or hardware. A text-to-speech (TTS)
    system converts normal language text into speech.

    Most of the text-to-speech softwares can read text files in format
    of .txt and other file formats with natural voices using various voice
    engines. The text-to-speech voice engine on Vista is Microsoft Anna,
    and Microsoft Sam on the Windows XP. Vista users can hear a very clear
    voice of Anna, XP users would think the voice of Microsoft Sam is
    poor, but they can get other company's vocie engines which are more
    clear.

    The narrator has been shipped with Windows XP and Vista. However some
    users choose panopreter (www.panopreter.com) which is a freeware. It
    is an easy-to-use tool which reads files, words you type and converts
    files into wave and mp3 audio files, so you can listen to them with a
    MP3 player. It's a effective way to improve listening, somehow they
    are educational softwares for language learning.

    comcdp, Apr 24, 2009

  2. comcdp

    Me Guest

    "comcdp" <> wrote in message
    > Speech synthesis is the artificial production of human speech. A
    > computer system used for this purpose is called a speech synthesizer,
    > and can be implemented in software or hardware. A text-to-speech (TTS)
    > system converts normal language text into speech.
    >
    > Most of the text-to-speech softwares can read text files in format
    > of .txt and other file formats with natural voices using various voice
    > engines. The text-to-speech voice engine on Vista is Microsoft Anna,
    > and Microsoft Sam on the Windows XP. Vista users can hear a very clear
    > voice of Anna, XP users would think the voice of Microsoft Sam is
    > poor, but they can get other company's vocie engines which are more
    > clear.
    >
    > The narrator has been shipped with Windows XP and Vista. However some
    > users choose panopreter (www.panopreter.com) which is a freeware. It
    > is an easy-to-use tool which reads files, words you type and converts
    > files into wave and mp3 audio files, so you can listen to them with a
    > MP3 player. It's a effective way to improve listening, somehow they
    > are educational softwares for language learning.

    I'll sleep better tonight knowing that.

    Me, Apr 24, 2009

  3. comcdp

    sandy58 Guest

    On Apr 24, 3:50 am, comcdp <> wrote:
    > Speech synthesis is the artificial production of human speech. A
    > computer system used for this purpose is called a speech synthesizer,
    > and can be implemented in software or hardware. A text-to-speech (TTS)
    > system converts normal language text into speech.
    >
    > Most of the text-to-speech softwares can read text files in format
    > of .txt and other file formats with natural voices using various voice
    > engines. The text-to-speech voice engine on Vista is Microsoft Anna,
    > and Microsoft Sam on the Windows XP. Vista users can hear a very clear
    > voice of Anna, XP users would think the voice of Microsoft Sam is
    > poor, but they can get other company's vocie engines which are more
    > clear.
    >
    > The narrator has been shipped with Windows XP and Vista. However some
    > users choose panopreter (www.panopreter.com) which is a freeware. It
    > is an easy-to-use tool which reads files, words you type and converts
    > files into wave and mp3 audio files, so you can listen to them with a
    > MP3 player. It's a effective way to improve listening, somehow they
    > are educational softwares for language learning.

    SPAMMER!

    sandy58, Apr 24, 2009