    earphone jack built into it, is it possible to set the computer to allow me to
    plug the computer speakers into the cd to hear the audio on the computer games
    I play? Thanks.
    Kscoinhutch, Aug 25, 2004

  2. Kscoinhutch

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    (Kscoinhutch) wrote in
    news::

    > If a computer does not have a soundcard, but does have a cd-rom drive
    > with an earphone jack built into it, is it possible to set the
    > computer to allow me to plug the computer speakers into the cd to hear
    > the audio on the computer games I play? Thanks.

    No.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, Aug 25, 2004

  3. Kscoinhutch

    derek / nul Guest

    On 25 Aug 2004 20:37:37 GMT, (Kscoinhutch) wrote:

    >If a computer does not have a soundcard, but does have a cd-rom drive with an
    >earphone jack built into it, is it possible to set the computer to allow me to
    >plug the computer speakers into the cd to hear the audio on the computer games
    >I play? Thanks.

    The jack on the cd will only output sound *direct* from a cd, ie music
    derek / nul, Aug 26, 2004
  4. Kscoinhutch

    Justin Guest

    derek / nul <> wrote in

    > On 25 Aug 2004 20:37:37 GMT, (Kscoinhutch) wrote:
    >
    >>If a computer does not have a soundcard, but does have a cd-rom drive
    >>with an earphone jack built into it, is it possible to set the
    >>computer to allow me to plug the computer speakers into the cd to hear
    >>the audio on the computer games I play? Thanks.

    > The jack on the cd will only output sound *direct* from a cd, ie music

    Out of curiosity, why don't you have a sound card? :) Lay off going to
    Taco Bell today and instead go to a used PC store and fetch a used Sound
    Blaster Live! for $5.

    Justin, Aug 26, 2004