    it immediately.

    Why would this be?
    , Dec 24, 2003

  2. Jerry G. Guest

    The problem is in the design of the ADVC-100, or the driver for it. Is the
    driver not rated for XP, or the device an older type unit?

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    <> wrote in message
    I have found that when I plug my capture device (ADVC-100) into the
    firewire connection my XP home edition computer takes 3-4 minutes to
    finally recognize the device. When I plug in my DV cam it recognizes
    it immediately.

    Why would this be?
    Jerry G., Dec 25, 2003

  3. Guest

    On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 11:59:35 -0500, "Jerry G." <>
    wrote:

    >The problem is in the design of the ADVC-100, or the driver for it. Is the
    >driver not rated for XP, or the device an older type unit?

    This device does not come with a driver and it is commonly used by
    many XP systems
    , Dec 26, 2003