    it runs fine. I don't have any power management program running.

    Could this be a virus, or something else?

    Thanks.

    Dimetric Houston, Apr 29, 2005

  2. Dimetric Houston

    Plato Guest

    Dimetric Houston wrote:

    > Sometimes when I start up my computer, it shuts back off. It goes through a
    > boot virus check, then right before the Windows 98 screen appears, it shuts
    > down.

    Use msconfig to disable startups to troubleshoot which startup is
    turning it off.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Apr 29, 2005

  3. Ok, but since it does this every so many days, how will I be able to tell
    which startup is the culprit? Do I have to disable each startup separately
    for few weeks, or a month or so? That sounds like it will take all year to
    pinpoint.

    Dimetric Houston, May 3, 2005