    Since downloading Mozilla my computer has started to shutdown
    intermittently.......like we've had a power cut.
    Could this be a problem with Mozilla or just a coincidence.

    Drummerboy, Dec 4, 2004

  2. Salut à toi *Drummerboy*, tu nous disais ce samedi 04/12/2004 vers
    10:04:36 ce qui suit :

    > Since downloading Mozilla my computer has started to shutdown
    > intermittently.......like we've had a power cut.
    > Could this be a problem with Mozilla or just a coincidence.

    If you are under XP install SP2 which is more secure :
    NewsReader : Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1437

    --
    L'erreur est de croire qu'on est seul devant ses problèmes !
    Utilisez Firefox - Thunderbird - MesNews .... le tiercé gagnant ;) ICQ#

    Michel Doucet, Dec 4, 2004

  3. Drummerboy

    Tony Raven Guest

    Drummerboy wrote:
    > Since downloading Mozilla my computer has started to shutdown
    > intermittently.......like we've had a power cut.
    > Could this be a problem with Mozilla or just a coincidence.

    Sure you haven't caught a virus? Faulty UPS's can do that too.

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Dec 4, 2004
  4. Drummerboy

    :: BRIAN :: Guest

    On 12/4/2004 4:04 AM Drummerboy wrote:
    > Since downloading Mozilla my computer has started to shutdown
    > intermittently.......like we've had a power cut.
    > Could this be a problem with Mozilla or just a coincidence.

    Check the Event Log log if you are using XP, and maybe you will find
    something in there.

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

    :: BRIAN ::, Dec 4, 2004
  5. Drummerboy

    Drummerboy Guest

    I'm using W98 and what is UPS?

    Drummerboy, Dec 4, 2004
  6. Drummerboy

    Tony Raven Guest

    Drummerboy wrote:
    > I'm using W98 and what is UPS?

    Uninterruptable power supply - basically a power supply with a battery
    that you plug your computer into so it doesn't go off if the electrical
    power is interrupted. Sometimes they can go faulty and cause power
    interruptions themselves. However if you don't know what one is its
    unlikely you are using one.

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Dec 4, 2004
  7. Drummerboy

    Yankee Rebel Guest

    "Drummerboy" <steve.wicks@"nospam"dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > Since downloading Mozilla my computer has started to shutdown
    > intermittently.......like we've had a power cut.
    > Could this be a problem with Mozilla or just a coincidence.

    I am having problems also.
    I belive the script kiddies are switching to firefox by using the blocks
    IE set up.
    After the installation of firefox this opened up doors that IE shut.

    I think Javascript is one and it possibly may be java itself but I do
    not know how to shut any of these off.

    My whole finder is acting funny. My usb is possbily using an old
    malicious virus that my vrisu program isolated.
    It may mean that everything that was done in IE has to be redone in ff.

    Yankee Rebel, Dec 6, 2004
  8. Drummerboy

    :: BRIAN :: Guest

    On 12/6/2004 10:47 AM Yankee Rebel wrote:
    > "Drummerboy" <steve.wicks@"nospam"dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Since downloading Mozilla my computer has started to shutdown
    >>intermittently.......like we've had a power cut.
    >>Could this be a problem with Mozilla or just a coincidence.

    > I am having problems also.
    > I belive the script kiddies are switching to firefox by using the blocks
    > IE set up.

    Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

    > After the installation of firefox this opened up doors that IE shut.
    >
    > I think Javascript is one and it possibly may be java itself but I do
    > not know how to shut any of these off.

    Tools >> Options >> uncheck "Enable Java/Javascript"

    > My whole finder is acting funny. My usb is possbily using an old
    > malicious virus that my vrisu program isolated.
    > It may mean that everything that was done in IE has to be redone in ff.

    Yeah... definitely from Firefox.

    Have you checked to see if your copy of Windows needs any updates lately?

    :: BRIAN ::, Dec 6, 2004
  9. Drummerboy

    Yankee Rebel Guest

    > On 12/6/2004 10:47 AM Yankee Rebel wrote:
    > > "Drummerboy" <steve.wicks@"nospam"dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Since downloading Mozilla my computer has started to shutdown
    > >>intermittently.......like we've had a power cut.
    > >>Could this be a problem with Mozilla or just a coincidence.

    > > I am having problems also.
    > > I belive the script kiddies are switching to firefox by using the

    blocks
    > > IE set up.

    > Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    >
    > > After the installation of firefox this opened up doors that IE shut.
    > >
    > > I think Javascript is one and it possibly may be java itself but I

    do
    > > not know how to shut any of these off.

    > Tools >> Options >> uncheck "Enable Java/Javascript"

    thats what I was looking for.

    But it is too late since all my sys file are changed and cannot be
    undone.

    Exterminate the christian government

    Yankee Rebel, Dec 13, 2004