    the cd but then the computer shuts down ( i dont mean restart ). I can't
    turn it back on unless I unplug the power and then reconnect it again.
    Can anybody help me with this problem ?

    Rokeeco, Nov 23, 2006

  2. Rokeeco

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <ek4n1u$rdr$>, Rokeeco <>
    writes
    >Hi,
    >this is my problem - when I insert a cd in the drive he starts to read
    >the cd but then the computer shuts down ( i dont mean restart ). I can't
    > turn it back on unless I unplug the power and then reconnect it again.
    >Can anybody help me with this problem ?

    Sounds like a possible power supply fault when the drive draws some
    extra current it upsets the 5 volt rails with the above consequences..
    --
    Tony Sayer

    tony sayer, Nov 24, 2006

  3. Rokeeco

    jtees4 Guest

    On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 10:40:44 +0000, tony sayer <>
    wrote:

    >In article <ek4n1u$rdr$>, Rokeeco <>
    >writes
    >>Hi,
    >>this is my problem - when I insert a cd in the drive he starts to read
    >>the cd but then the computer shuts down ( i dont mean restart ). I can't
    >> turn it back on unless I unplug the power and then reconnect it again.
    >>Can anybody help me with this problem ?

    >Sounds like a possible power supply fault when the drive draws some
    >extra current it upsets the 5 volt rails with the above consequences..

    Agreed on the fault, or possibly an electrical short. One other
    possibility is a virus..I had one many years ago that did similar
    things.

    jtees4, Nov 28, 2006