    speakers... Is this a virus? What can I do to fix it..
    Thanks,
    Dinah
    ddiinnaahh, Feb 13, 2006

  2. ddiinnaahh

    Demolitio Guest

    this could be from a series of problems.

    1.) as far as scanners go, have you tried Housecall
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/, or a simlilar web-based scanner? if you
    successfully finish a scan, then there's your problem right there.

    2.) another possibility, is that your hard drive could be near death. have
    you had any files you've saved on your computer suddenly erase themselves,
    or get corrupted? can you hear a metallic "clicking" sound once in awhile
    from it? these are almost surefire signs.I personally had a Maxtor 80GB go
    like that on me once. in addition to that, it would perform fine as long as
    I didn't put a strain on it. the moment i did, it locked up like yours did.

    3.) have you tried re-installing your soundcard and motherboard drivers? if
    you have a corrupt chipset driver, it could be locking you up (although it's
    unlikely that it's that or the soundcard. still, it's better to cover all
    bases, right?)

    anyone else have any ideas?

    Demolitio, Feb 13, 2006

  3. ddiinnaahh

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 13 Feb 2006 06:37:03 -0800, "ddiinnaahh" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >My computer (windows xp) keeps shutting down in the middle of virus
    >scans. I've tried AVG and lavasoft virus scans and it keeps happening.
    >Also, my computer started making glitching sounds randomly out of the
    >speakers... Is this a virus? What can I do to fix it..

    What operating system?
    What is a 'glitching sound'?
    Evan Platt, Feb 13, 2006
  4. ddiinnaahh

    woops Guest

    ddiinnaahh schreef:

    > Hi,
    > My computer (windows xp) keeps shutting down in the middle of virus
    > scans. I've tried AVG and lavasoft virus scans and it keeps happening.
    > Also, my computer started making glitching sounds randomly out of the
    > speakers... Is this a virus? What can I do to fix it..
    > Thanks,
    > Dinah

    Hallo, I have the same problem. I've tried also hitman pro, ad-aware en
    spybot S&D all the same. Will someone help me with this problem?
    Thanks
    Woops
    woops, Feb 13, 2006
  5. ddiinnaahh

    Demolitio Guest

    umm woops.... how about reading my first post?

    Demolitio, Feb 13, 2006
  6. ddiinnaahh

    ddiinnaahh Guest

    its windows xp and a glitching sound is like a crackle but louder, like
    a loud long click... like a chair scraping but metallic... kinda...
    thanks so much
    ddiinnaahh, Feb 13, 2006
  7. ddiinnaahh

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 13 Feb 2006 09:55:09 -0800, "ddiinnaahh" <>
    wrote:

    >its windows xp and a glitching sound is like a crackle but louder, like
    >a loud long click... like a chair scraping but metallic... kinda...
    >thanks so much

    Sounds like a bad hard drive. Back up what you can now. Get a new hard
    drive.
    Evan Platt, Feb 13, 2006
  8. ddiinnaahh

    Demolitio Guest

    I agree. but are you sure it's coming from the speakers? turn them off the
    next time it makes that sound. if it's coming from your case, bingo.

    Demolitio, Feb 13, 2006
  9. ddiinnaahh

    ddiinnaahh Guest

    Even if the sounds coming from the speakers??
    ddiinnaahh, Feb 13, 2006