    Any suggestions?

    Thanks
    , Nov 10, 2005

  2. Malke Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi,
    > After I configure my Linksys Wireless Router (with WEP or WPA key),
    > and save the configuration. My laptop detects it as Unsecured Wirless
    > Network and when I login it does not ask for any key. Looks like the
    > router is getting configured partially. It beams the right SSID
    > (network name) but shows it as unsecured. I haven't configured my
    > laptop yet.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks

    Is the SSID the default one (i.e., Linksys)? If so, you may be
    connecting to a neighbor's unsecured network instead of your own. If
    this is the case, change your SSID to something more unique and then
    see what you get.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    Malke, Nov 10, 2005

  3. Guest

    Thanks. But I'm using a very unique SSID.
    Is there anything else you suggest?
    , Nov 10, 2005
  4. Some others have reported that also...

    http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,14748976

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    Sooner Al [MVP], Nov 10, 2005
  5. Re: Computer shows my Wireless Router as unsecured even though I s

    Have you called the Linksys helpdesk? The support is free, and VERY helpful.

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VuaG9sbA==?=, Nov 10, 2005