    these 2 used to always be mentioned on pricespy. Looks like they cut
    their own throats.

    Anybody know of any others ?

    .exe, Nov 5, 2004

  2. .exe

    GraB Guest

    On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 11:51:55 +1300, ".exe"
    <> wrote:

    >Starlyte here in Wellington, and also Gyrotech it seems.
    >
    >these 2 used to always be mentioned on pricespy. Looks like they cut
    >their own throats.
    >
    >Anybody know of any others ?

    Gyrotech website comes up OK.

    GraB, Nov 6, 2004

  3. .exe

    Rich Guest

    ".exe" <> wrote in message
    > Starlyte here in Wellington, and also Gyrotech it seems.
    >
    > these 2 used to always be mentioned on pricespy. Looks like they cut
    > their own throats.
    >
    > Anybody know of any others ?

    Starlyte has closed as the owner is pursuing other avenues. He has been
    offered a job with a high-profile digital imaging studio and does not have
    the time to continue with starlyte.co.nz.

    Rich, Nov 6, 2004
  4. .exe

    Gurble Guest

    On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 17:07:30 +1300, GraB <> had
    this to say:

    >On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 11:51:55 +1300, ".exe"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Starlyte here in Wellington, and also Gyrotech it seems.
    >>
    >>these 2 used to always be mentioned on pricespy. Looks like they cut
    >>their own throats.
    >>
    >>Anybody know of any others ?
    >>

    >Gyrotech website comes up OK.

    Hmm, there is a definate impression of some very odd goings-on,
    though.

    from www.gyrotech.co.nz :

    "By creating an account at Talk IT Ltd formerly Gyrotech 2004 Ltd you
    will be able to shop faster, be up to date on an orders status, and
    keep track of the orders you have previously made."

    From public info from the Companies site (www.companies.govt.nz):

    Gyrotech Ltd was struck off on 17th December 2003. Tupoto Hayes is the
    registered director (the fellow that was also a director of Metroplex
    Imports Ltd, which is currently in liquidation - I've heard that the
    other director is not very happy with him!)

    Hayes is now a director of Dot PC's Ltd, a computer wholesaler selling
    much the same items as Metroplex Imports did.

    About a month later, on 20th January 2004, Gyrotech (2004) Ltd was
    incorporated, with a Brian Blellock registered as the sole director.
    He is also a director of 3 other Wellington-based computer and
    electronics companies of which there is very little information.

    Interestingly, despite a different director, both companies have the
    same registered office, which is also the contact address on their
    website. This could imply several things.

    Despite the note when placing an order through the www.gyrotech.co.nz
    site about "Talk IT Ltd, formerly Gyrotech 2004 Ltd", there is no
    company registered as "Talk IT Ltd".

    So who owns the gyrotech domain? Apparently Gyrotech Ltd, which, of
    course, is in liquidation.

    So, if they are still going, who would you be giving your money and/or
    Credit Card number to? Gyrotech Ltd, a struck off company that still
    appears to own the domain, Gyrotech (2004) Ltd, or Talk IT Ltd, the
    one that their site says is the one, but that doesn't exist?

    Your guess is as good as mine.

    Perhaps the OP could comment on why they said they have gone belly-up.
    Did they have a retail outlet that has closed down?

    Gurble, Nov 6, 2004
  5. .exe

    .exe Guest

    Gurble wrote:

    > On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 17:07:30 +1300, GraB <> had
    > this to say:
    >
    > >On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 11:51:55 +1300, ".exe"
    > ><> wrote:
    > >
    > >>Starlyte here in Wellington, and also Gyrotech it seems.
    > >>
    > >>these 2 used to always be mentioned on pricespy. Looks like they cut
    > >>their own throats.
    > >>
    > >>Anybody know of any others ?
    > >>

    > >Gyrotech website comes up OK.

    > Hmm, there is a definate impression of some very odd goings-on,
    > though.
    >
    > from www.gyrotech.co.nz :
    >
    > "By creating an account at Talk IT Ltd formerly Gyrotech 2004 Ltd you
    > will be able to shop faster, be up to date on an orders status, and
    > keep track of the orders you have previously made."
    >
    > From public info from the Companies site (www.companies.govt.nz):
    >
    > Gyrotech Ltd was struck off on 17th December 2003. Tupoto Hayes is the
    > registered director (the fellow that was also a director of Metroplex
    > Imports Ltd, which is currently in liquidation - I've heard that the
    > other director is not very happy with him!)
    >
    > Hayes is now a director of Dot PC's Ltd, a computer wholesaler selling
    > much the same items as Metroplex Imports did.
    >
    > About a month later, on 20th January 2004, Gyrotech (2004) Ltd was
    > incorporated, with a Brian Blellock registered as the sole director.
    > He is also a director of 3 other Wellington-based computer and
    > electronics companies of which there is very little information.
    >
    > Interestingly, despite a different director, both companies have the
    > same registered office, which is also the contact address on their
    > website. This could imply several things.
    >
    > Despite the note when placing an order through the www.gyrotech.co.nz
    > site about "Talk IT Ltd, formerly Gyrotech 2004 Ltd", there is no
    > company registered as "Talk IT Ltd".
    >
    > So who owns the gyrotech domain? Apparently Gyrotech Ltd, which, of
    > course, is in liquidation.
    >
    > So, if they are still going, who would you be giving your money and/or
    > Credit Card number to? Gyrotech Ltd, a struck off company that still
    > appears to own the domain, Gyrotech (2004) Ltd, or Talk IT Ltd, the
    > one that their site says is the one, but that doesn't exist?
    >
    > Your guess is as good as mine.
    >
    > Perhaps the OP could comment on why they said they have gone belly-up.
    > Did they have a retail outlet that has closed down?

    Just a flatmates mate mentioned it to us. Said it wasnt Gyrotech where
    Gyrotech used to be but some other shoddy lookin setup and that their
    website had almost no products at all to choose from. Apparently it has
    been like this for some time.
    We normally get our goodies from PP Ascent or Starlyte and noticed the
    message on Starlytes website.

    .exe, Nov 6, 2004
  6. .exe

    Sharknwfk Guest

    ".exe" <> wrote in message
    > Starlyte here in Wellington, and also Gyrotech it seems.
    >
    > these 2 used to always be mentioned on pricespy. Looks like they cut
    > their own throats.
    >
    > Anybody know of any others ?

    Not possible. Computer sellers don't disappear until NZ PC World makes them
    Computer shop of the year!

    --
    Sharknwfk

    Sharknwfk, Nov 6, 2004