Computer screens

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Roger Dewhurst, May 16, 2011.

  1. Who on the North Shore will collect old computer screens etc.

    Roger Dewhurst, May 16, 2011

  2. On 16/05/2011 12:01 p.m., Roger Dewhurst wrote:
    > Who on the North Shore will collect old computer screens etc.

    and microwave cookers?

    Roger Dewhurst, May 16, 2011

  3. Roger Dewhurst

    Msgr Scooter Guest

    On , , Mon, 16 May 2011 12:07:31 +1200, Re: Computer screens, Roger Dewhurst
    <> wrote:

    >On 16/05/2011 12:01 p.m., Roger Dewhurst wrote:
    >> Who on the North Shore will collect old computer screens etc.
    >>

    >and microwave cookers?

    Put them out on your front lawn with a "For Sale" sign and a price on them.
    They will be stolen fast.
    Don't whatever you do, put out a sign saying "Free".
    People won't take them because they don't believe anything free is any good.
    It works for me, I put them out at night around Te Roti and people passing
    through take them away with monotonous regularity.
    to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
    Anatole France.

    Msgr Scooter, May 16, 2011
  4. On 16/05/2011 12:25 p.m., Msgr Scooter wrote:
    > On , , Mon, 16 May 2011 12:07:31 +1200, Re: Computer screens, Roger Dewhurst
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 16/05/2011 12:01 p.m., Roger Dewhurst wrote:
    >>> Who on the North Shore will collect old computer screens etc.
    >>>

    >> and microwave cookers?

    > Put them out on your front lawn with a "For Sale" sign and a price on them.
    > They will be stolen fast.

    That is an idea. I do not have a lawn facing the road but I could put
    them on the back of my ute with a FOR SALE notice and park it near the
    supermarket.

    Roger Dewhurst, May 16, 2011
  5. Roger Dewhurst

    Me Guest

    On 16/05/2011 12:45 p.m., Roger Dewhurst wrote:
    > On 16/05/2011 12:25 p.m., Msgr Scooter wrote:
    >> On , , Mon, 16 May 2011 12:07:31 +1200, Re: Computer screens, Roger
    >> Dewhurst
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> and microwave cookers?

    >> Put them out on your front lawn with a "For Sale" sign and a price on
    >> them.
    >> They will be stolen fast.

    > That is an idea. I do not have a lawn facing the road but I could put
    > them on the back of my ute with a FOR SALE notice and park it near the
    > supermarket.

    They'll probably take the ute.
    I've gotten rid of old TVs etc by selling on TradeMe with $1 reserve and
    $1 "buy now" auctions - with promise I'll refund the $1 if they use the
    "buy now" when the buyers collect. Items have sold within minutes, costs
    a few cents for listing fee - but saves me money and hassle carting
    stuff away for recycling, and there are people out there who genuinely
    want and need some of this old stuff for spares or whatever.

    Me, May 16, 2011
  6. In article <iqps3o$gg4$>, Roger Dewhurst <> wrote:
    >On 16/05/2011 12:25 p.m., Msgr Scooter wrote:
    >> On , , Mon, 16 May 2011 12:07:31 +1200, Re: Computer screens, Roger Dewhurst
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> and microwave cookers?

    >> Put them out on your front lawn with a "For Sale" sign and a price on them.
    >> They will be stolen fast.

    >That is an idea. I do not have a lawn facing the road but I could put
    >them on the back of my ute with a FOR SALE notice and park it near the
    >supermarket.

    ... someone will nick the ute ? :) :)

    Bruce Sinclair, May 16, 2011
  7. Roger Dewhurst

    Gordon Guest

    On 2011-05-16, Me <> wrote:

    > They'll probably take the ute.
    > I've gotten rid of old TVs etc by selling on TradeMe with $1 reserve and
    > $1 "buy now" auctions - with promise I'll refund the $1 if they use the
    > "buy now" when the buyers collect. Items have sold within minutes, costs
    > a few cents for listing fee - but saves me money and hassle carting
    > stuff away for recycling, and there are people out there who genuinely
    > want and need some of this old stuff for spares or whatever.

    Heard about Freecycle?

    http://groups.freecycle.org/AucklandNorthShoreNZ/posts/all

    http://www.freecycle.org/search is place for NZ wide list of groups

    Gordon, May 16, 2011
  8. Roger Dewhurst

    victor Guest

    On 16/05/2011 4:14 p.m., Bruce Sinclair wrote:

    > .. someone will nick the ute ? :) :)

    Heh more likely dump their own CRT monitors in the tray.

    victor, May 17, 2011