    test in computer science. Any leeds?

    Thanks

    Session

    Session Mwamufiya, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Check out these links to get you started..

    http://www.gre.org/subdesc.html#compsci

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...lx-jeb-9-1_book_4530857_4/002-4082661-8572044

    Good luck.
    --scott

    Scott Brookhart, Oct 19, 2004

  3. Session Mwamufiya

    Guest Guest

    Your instructor must have provided references to such information.

    Guest, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Session Mwamufiya

    Guest Guest

    What??? what instructor? I'm looking for links to help
    me study. please refrain from responding with such
    useless and abnoctious answers!!!

    Guest, Oct 20, 2004
  5. Session Mwamufiya

    Guest Guest

    I've already checked out the GRE.org site, that's how I
    got the topics. I'm looking for a site that could help me
    review every one of those topics in details.

    PS: the amazon link you sent is for a book that will not
    be released until january 2005.

    /087891434X/ref%3Dpd%5Fsl%5Faw%5Falx-jeb-9-1%5Fbook%
    5F4530857%5F4/002-4082661-8572044

    Guest, Oct 20, 2004
  6. Session Mwamufiya

    Guest Guest

    I'm sorry for presuming you are a student. That sure was silly.

    Guest, Oct 21, 2004
  7. <> wrote in message
    > What??? what instructor? I'm looking for links to help
    > me study. please refrain from responding with such
    > useless and abnoctious answers!!!

    Hmmm.. first off.. leeds? Second off.. I'd assume you have to be a student
    or a recent graduate with a degree in Computer Science, to take the GRE for
    Computer Science.

    So, Let me clarify what WKidd was trying to say. When you were in college,
    you had these strange people called instructors (maybe Professors). They
    may have information to help you with the search. Along this line, in the
    event that you didn't have instructors, you possibly had an advisor, who
    told you what classes you should take. THEY should have the information you
    want.

    IF you're not a student, or you didn't graduate with the Computer Science
    degree, and if there's a college near you, they have people there called
    Advisors and Instructors, who will be able to help you.. Just look for their
    Science and Math division, and ask around.

    Patrick.

    --
    Smile... Someone out there cares deeply for you...

    Patrick Dickey, Oct 21, 2004
  8. Session Mwamufiya

    Guest Guest

    first off, don't make assumptions! just answer the
    question if you can, or leave it alone if you can't. I'm
    not a recent graduate, but I majored in both math and
    computer science, so it is quite likely that I'm not a
    morron who can't find his way around. furthermore, you're
    assuming that I'm in the US, which isn't the case. I
    attended college in the US, but I now live in Cote
    d'Ivoire, and good luck finding any grad school related
    information here.
    obviously, I asked for a website that I could use to
    help me study because there are not many other options.
    comp sci GRE books all have awful reviews, and I'm not
    near any university that I could use as a resource.
    besides my college was a liberal arts school, and the
    computer science department was not the cream of the crop,
    so they can't help me much.
    and as for your condescending tone, I'll remain civil
    because I do not want to break the rules of this chatroom.

    <>

    Guest, Oct 21, 2004
  9. <> wrote in message
    > first off, don't make assumptions! just answer the
    > question if you can, or leave it alone if you can't. I'm
    > not a recent graduate, but I majored in both math and
    > computer science, so it is quite likely that I'm not a
    > morron who can't find his way around. furthermore, you're
    > assuming that I'm in the US, which isn't the case. I
    > attended college in the US, but I now live in Cote
    > d'Ivoire, and good luck finding any grad school related
    > information here.
    > obviously, I asked for a website that I could use to
    > help me study because there are not many other options.
    > comp sci GRE books all have awful reviews, and I'm not
    > near any university that I could use as a resource.
    > besides my college was a liberal arts school, and the
    > computer science department was not the cream of the crop,
    > so they can't help me much.
    > and as for your condescending tone, I'll remain civil
    > because I do not want to break the rules of this chatroom.

    Points taken. However, his reply was a valid one.. Because you didn't give
    enough information for the 'story problem' to determine if you were near a
    university or not. Had you said, I'm NOT in the US, and not able to contact
    my old advisors/instructors, I would have dug for sites for you. As, I'm
    sure he would have too. I feel safe in saying, we both assumed you were
    either a) A recent graduate, looking for more information or b) a soon-to-be
    graduate, wanting to get a jump on the GRE tests. Sorry for the
    misunderstanding..

    I was just throwing my two cents in, simply because you ripped him a second
    a$$hole for giving you a reply to your question. (IMHO). So, where can you
    get study aids for the CompSci GRE Exam? Well, within thirty seconds, I
    came up with this link for you..
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Computer Science GRE Study Aids

    And, then I dug a little more for you also.
    http://edu.surgingahead.com/kaplan/gre/

    You may want to change my search from Computer Science GRE Study Aids, to
    Computer Science GRE Online Study Aids (as you don't like the books).

    Hope this helps you.
    Patrick.

    --
    Smile... Someone out there cares deeply for you...

    Patrick Dickey, Oct 21, 2004
  10. Thank you for looking into the subject, and I didn't mean
    to sound so rude earlier. I've tried google and other
    search engines, but to no avail, so I was looking for
    people who might know of any online site for the comp sci
    GRE. Thanks though

    Session

    Session Mwamufiya, Oct 22, 2004
  11. "Session Mwamufiya" <> wrote in message
    > Thank you for looking into the subject, and I didn't mean
    > to sound so rude earlier. I've tried google and other
    > search engines, but to no avail, so I was looking for
    > people who might know of any online site for the comp sci
    > GRE. Thanks though
    >
    > Session

    Not a problem.. It's easy to misinterpret people's intents and attitudes on
    here. I'm also sorry if I came off rude or as a smart a$$ to you.

    I hope the sites help you, and if I get a chance, I will contact a few
    advisors in the local college here for more.
    Patrick.
    --
    Smile... Someone out there cares deeply for you...

    Patrick Dickey, Oct 22, 2004