    it will stop for a second or two, then catch back up. I have the AGP
    aperature set to 256, are there any BIOS settings other than that
    that I might want to check?
    Nook, Apr 26, 2005

  2. Nook wrote:
    > I just re-formatted about a week ago and am noticing a few problems.
    > I'm running WinXP SP2 with the latest updates, I have an MSI K8M Neo-V
    > with the latest BIOS and drivers, Athlon 64 2800, 1024megs of 2700 DDR
    > RAM, and a Radeon 9600 256meg DDR video card running the latest
    > drivers. The problem is 2 things, which are probably related. The
    > first one is when i'm scrolling through a large numper of lines ie;
    > newsgroups, it will pause for a second then start back to normal. The
    > second one is when i'm playing games it basically does the same thing,
    > it will stop for a second or two, then catch back up. I have the AGP
    > aperature set to 256, are there any BIOS settings other than that
    > that I might want to check?

    Do you have MS Office installed? That sounds like what Findfast, part of
    Office, causes. If you have Findfast, get rid of it.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 26, 2005

  3. Nook

    Shiv Guest

    Check whether if you have latest video card drivers are installed or
    not????

    Shiv
    Shiv, Apr 26, 2005
  4. Nook

    Nook Guest

    No, I don't have Office installed, any ideas?

    Nook, Apr 26, 2005
  5. Nook wrote:
    > No, I don't have Office installed, any ideas?

    Do you see any suspicious processes running in task manager? Or any that
    are sucking up CPU cycles? Have you tried temporarily disabling anything
    such as AV or any of the background programs to see if that has an effect?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 27, 2005
  6. Nook

    ellis_jay Guest

    http://www.processlibrary.com/

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=884130

    http://www.logan.eclipse.co.uk/xp hints & tips.htm

    http://homecomputerrepaironline.com/startlist/html/startlist_y.html

    http://aumha.org/win5/a/sp2faq.php#after

    --
    He released government from the restraint of law.
    ____Lord Acton on Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527), George W. Bush, and

    Ellis_Jay
    ellis_jay, Apr 27, 2005
  7. Nook

    ellis_jay Guest

    Shiv wrote:
    > Check whether if you have latest video card drivers are installed or
    > not????
    >
    > Shiv

    Service pack 2 is a piece of shit.

    ellis_jay, Apr 27, 2005