    Is this a part I can de-solder and re-solder the new part?

    Computer: Gateway Solo 1450

    If so, where can I get this part?
    Happybattles, Sep 10, 2006

  2. Happybattles

    rich Guest

    I've soldered things, large and small... for a long time, but I still avoid
    it if I can. Have you tried using some sandpaper/emery cloth trimmed to
    fit?

    If your problem is really just corrosion.... then proper scraping can do
    wonders. I'd cut up an fingernail file/emery board stick to size and sand
    away, long before I'd take the whole thing apart to solder in a part that
    you may not even be able to readily buy.
    RichG TX/IL

    p.s. You can always look on EBay under your make/model for computer parts.
    It is amazing what is there. RG
    rich, Sep 10, 2006