Computer related quotations.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Alan Liefting, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. * "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers." - Pablo Picasso

    * "Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about
    telescopes." - Edsger Dijkstra

    * "Men are from Mars. Women are from Venus. Computers are from hell."

    * "It's not just a computer - it's your ass." - Cal Keegan

    * "It reminds me of the claim that Americans built the first computer...
    It depends on what properties are necessary for a device to be classed
    as a computer: That it's electronic? That it has Randomly Accessible
    Memory? That it operates on a stored program? I am tempted to suggest
    that one of the requirements implicit in some people's lists is that it
    was built in America."

    * "A computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no
    mercy" - Joseph Campbell

    * "Distributed file systems are a cruel hoax." - Zalman Stern

    * "The computer allows you to make mistakes faster than any other
    invention, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila" - Mitch
    Ratcliffe

    * "A printer consists of three main parts: the case, the jammed paper
    tray and the blinking red light"

    More at http://wikiquote.org/wiki/Computers

    Alan Liefting, Mar 4, 2004