computer recording suggestions . . .

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by LULU, Sep 1, 2005.

  1. LULU

    LULU Guest

    I'm a beginner trying to set up a basic recording studio in my home
    utilizing an older computer that is available. The computer is a Compaq
    with a 450MHz processor, a 19GB drive and 384 megs of RAM running Windows 98
    (maybe SE?). It has two USB ports and at least one (removing the modem
    might add another) PCI slot open and a Plextor CD burner. I believe that
    the soundcard is integrated on the motherboard. Not really sure. It would
    seem that the basics are in place.

    Here's a computer spec sheet that I found online:
    http://support.radioshack.com/support_computer/doc52/52088.htm

    Suggestions on what type of audio interface or soundcard, etc. to use. A
    lot of the stuff that I see on websites is Firewire or warrants a faster CPU
    or more updated OS version. Any and all comments and input are appreciated!

    Thanks,
    Lulu

    P. S. Good websites recommendations are also welcome!

    LULU, Sep 1, 2005