    software which we run as part of business. Monitoring phone calls etc.

    Can anyone help.

    Dave

    News, May 7, 2004

  2. News

    slumpy Guest

    ....and seconds before the explosion, News emerged from the bunker carrying
    the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see, crying:

    > Hi I am Dave and have a built up P4-2.53 Processor,1 Gig Corsair Ram
    > 80 gig H/D 128 meg RadeOn 9100 Video Card Soundblaster Live Sound
    > Card, Windows XPPro.
    >
    > Quite often this machine reboots and when XP Error reporting happens,
    > it tells me a device driver has caused a serious error but it can't
    > narrorw it down to a particular driver.
    > Can go for days with no reboots then it can do it several times in a
    > day. Can be doing nothing or editing photos or just working on Phone
    > System software which we run as part of business. Monitoring phone
    > calls etc.
    >
    > Can anyone help.
    >
    > Dave

    "Who is it ?"
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, May 7, 2004

  3. News

    Jerry G. Guest

    Did you keep track of the history of events, so you can have an idea of when
    the problem started?

    Are you running the Dr. Watson utility to make an error log?

    If you are using XP-pro, there is an event viewer that is excellent. This is
    in the Administration tools. I don't know if this is in XP-home.

    On a blank part of the desktop, do a left mouse key click. Then press F1.
    You will get the main help menu for Windows. In the search prompt, type
    Dr. Watson You will get a complete set of troubleshooting tips to start
    with.

    If you do a search on your system you should be able to find the utility
    called drwatson.exe If this is running it can generate a log of many of
    the events that cause errors.

    Do some researching on the Dr Watson utility.

    These types of faults are difficult to find, but with a lot of perseverance,
    they can be found.

    Did you do a scan for any spyware, adware, and possible virus programs?
    This is also very important.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    Jerry G., May 7, 2004
  4. News

    Ron Martell Guest

    "News" <> wrote:

    >Hi I am Dave and have a built up P4-2.53 Processor,1 Gig Corsair Ram 80 gig
    >H/D 128 meg RadeOn 9100 Video Card Soundblaster Live Sound Card, Windows
    >XPPro.
    >
    >Quite often this machine reboots and when XP Error reporting happens, it
    >tells me a device driver has caused a serious error but it can't narrorw it
    >down to a particular driver.
    >Can go for days with no reboots then it can do it several times in a day.
    >Can be doing nothing or editing photos or just working on Phone System
    >software which we run as part of business. Monitoring phone calls etc.

    Open Control Panel - System - Advanced.
    Click on the Settings button in the Startup and Recovery (bottom)
    section.
    In the Startup and Recovery window click on the checkbox for
    "Automatically restart" to clear it.
    Click on Apply and OK as needed to exit.

    That should put a stop to the rebooting. However you may receive
    "Blue Screen Of Death" STOP messages and the computer may then lock
    up, requiring a manual power off and restart. In that event the
    contents of the STOP message, including all of the parameters, will be
    a direct clue as to the underlying cause of the problem.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, May 7, 2004
  5. News

    Juan Pérez Guest

    slumpy,<> captured everyone's attention with this
    hysterical rendition of yankee doodle:
    > ...and seconds before the explosion, News emerged from the bunker
    > carrying the last chicken tikka masala humanity would ever see,
    > crying:
    >
    >> Hi I am Dave and have a built up P4-2.53 Processor,1 Gig Corsair Ram
    >> 80 gig H/D 128 meg RadeOn 9100 Video Card Soundblaster Live Sound
    >> Card, Windows XPPro.
    >>
    >> Quite often this machine reboots and when XP Error reporting happens,
    >> it tells me a device driver has caused a serious error but it can't
    >> narrorw it down to a particular driver.
    >> Can go for days with no reboots then it can do it several times in a
    >> day. Can be doing nothing or editing photos or just working on Phone
    >> System software which we run as part of business. Monitoring phone
    >> calls etc.
    >>
    >> Can anyone help.
    >>
    >> Dave

    > "Who is it ?"