    OS is Windows XP

    thanks in advance

    ED

    Edwardonthewebb, Nov 27, 2003

  2. Edwardonthewebb

    Thor Guest

    you can't change the color of the icon text itself, using just window's
    options. Other 3rd party software might allow you to customize that, but
    windows doesn't. You can, however, turn off the drop shadow option in XP
    that allows the transparent text background, so that the highlight box will
    always be there to contrast with the text. Just go to the system properties,
    and in the advanced/performance section, uncheck "use drop shadows". Then
    whatever you set the desktop background color to be in the appearance
    properties, make sure it's relatively dark. Then, all the icons will have
    the old Win9x-style text box with a colored background.

    "Edwardonthewebb" <> wrote in message
    > 1.I recently put a new background on my desktop,with the new background

    the
    > white letters under each of my icons on the desktop is unreadable in some

    areas
    > I want to change the letters under the icons to red.I went to

    start,control
    > panel,display,and advanced and brought down the drop down menu
    > Only problem is I cant figure out which one of those things to change the

    color

    Thor, Nov 27, 2003