    usage peaks then as it decreases the noise stops, when it peaks again the
    noise starts again/
    Glenn

    Jimbo, Apr 11, 2007

  2. Jimbo

    Brian Guest

    Jimbo wrote:
    > WinXP Pro, laptop,
    > Computer keeps making sound like vacumn cleaner, nornally comes and
    > goes and sometimes lasts maybe seconds, but real loud. Seems to be
    > quite often when I am using IE. looked in Task Manager and when
    > this noise occurs the cpu usage peaks then as it decreases the
    > noise stops, when it peaks again the noise starts again/
    > Glenn

    Dirty/noisy fan, try cleaning any vents & if possible get a Laptop
    cooler/stand to help keep it cool..

    Brian, Apr 11, 2007

  3. Jimbo

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:46:47 +0100, Jimbo wrote:

    > WinXP Pro, laptop,
    > Computer keeps making sound like vacumn cleaner, nornally comes and goes and
    > sometimes lasts maybe seconds, but real loud. Seems to be quite often when I
    > am using IE. looked in Task Manager and when this noise occurs the cpu
    > usage peaks then as it decreases the noise stops, when it peaks again the
    > noise starts again/
    > Glenn

    Mechanical noise from inside the case or from your speakers?
    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Apr 11, 2007
  4. Jimbo

    Jimbo Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:46:47 +0100, Jimbo wrote:
    >
    >> WinXP Pro, laptop,
    >> Computer keeps making sound like vacumn cleaner, nornally comes and goes
    >> and
    >> sometimes lasts maybe seconds, but real loud. Seems to be quite often
    >> when I
    >> am using IE. looked in Task Manager and when this noise occurs the cpu
    >> usage peaks then as it decreases the noise stops, when it peaks again the
    >> noise starts again/
    >> Glenn

    > Mechanical noise from inside the case or from your speakers?
    > --
    > #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    > #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    > #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    > #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    > COOSN-266-06-25794
    >
    >No noise from inside just this loud whooshing noise stop and start, then
    >goes really quite ,you would not think it was turned on

    Glenn

    Jimbo, Apr 11, 2007
  5. Jimbo

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 21:02:29 +0100, Jimbo wrote:

    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:46:47 +0100, Jimbo wrote:
    >>
    >>> WinXP Pro, laptop,
    >>> Computer keeps making sound like vacumn cleaner, nornally comes and goes
    >>> and
    >>> sometimes lasts maybe seconds, but real loud. Seems to be quite often
    >>> when I
    >>> am using IE. looked in Task Manager and when this noise occurs the cpu
    >>> usage peaks then as it decreases the noise stops, when it peaks again the
    >>> noise starts again/
    >>> Glenn

    >> Mechanical noise from inside the case or from your speakers?
    >> --
    >> #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    >> #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    >> #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    >> #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    >> Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, June 2004
    >> COOSN-266-06-25794
    >>
    >>No noise from inside just this loud whooshing noise stop and start, then
    >>goes really quite ,you would not think it was turned on

    > Glenn

    Well it almost sounds to me as if the cooling fan is cranking up on high.
    Try blowing the fan ducts out with some canned air.

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Apr 11, 2007
  6. Jimbo

    Jimbo Guest

    Will get some tomorrow, just spray it into all the vents, yes?
    Glenn

    Jimbo, Apr 11, 2007
  7. Jimbo wrote:
    > Will get some tomorrow, just spray it into all the vents, yes?
    > Glenn
    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 21:02:29 +0100, Jimbo wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> Glenn

    >> Well it almost sounds to me as if the cooling fan is cranking up on high.
    >> Try blowing the fan ducts out with some canned air.
    >>
    >> --
    >> #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    >> #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    >> #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    >> #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    >> Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, June 2004
    >> COOSN-266-06-25794

    No, open the case and spray the fans. And while you're there, clean out
    all the rest of the cat hair.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 11, 2007
  8. Jimbo

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:26:18 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Jimbo wrote:
    >> Will get some tomorrow, just spray it into all the vents, yes?
    >> Glenn
    >> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> Well it almost sounds to me as if the cooling fan is cranking up on high.
    >>> Try blowing the fan ducts out with some canned air.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    >>> #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    >>> #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    >>> #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    >>> Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, June 2004
    >>> COOSN-266-06-25794

    > No, open the case and spray the fans. And while you're there, clean out
    > all the rest of the cat hair.

    It's a laptop.

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #1 Bartlo Pset, March 13-24 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Apr 11, 2007
  9. Jimbo

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 21:18:41 +0100, Jimbo wrote:

    > Will get some tomorrow, just spray it into all the vents, yes?
    > Glenn

    Should be able to tell which ones are for the cpu, usually in the rear
    left or right corner. Might leave it one for awhile first and feel where
    it's the warmest or feel for some air movement. Or you might see the
    outline of a fan behind some slots. Once you've made the detrmination shut
    it down and spray the fan vents. There might even be 2 fans, my HP has 3
    and my Asus has 2 as the amount of fans depends on the cpu horsepower.

    Meat Plow, Apr 11, 2007
  10. Jimbo

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:46:47 +0100, Jimbo wrote:

    > WinXP Pro, laptop,
    > Computer keeps making sound like vacumn cleaner, nornally comes and goes and
    > sometimes lasts maybe seconds, but real loud. Seems to be quite often when I
    > am using IE. looked in Task Manager and when this noise occurs the cpu
    > usage peaks then as it decreases the noise stops, when it peaks again the
    > noise starts again/
    > Glenn

    In order to help you with your problem we need more details. You say it
    makes a sound like a vacuum cleaner. Is it a Dyson, Electrolux, Vax, GEC,
    Hoover? What wattage? Upright or cylinder?

    Without more specifics you won't get a proper answer.

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

    Aardvark, Apr 11, 2007
  11. On 2007-04-11, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Blinky the Shark waxed eloquently:
    snip

    > No, open the case and spray the fans. And while you're there, clean out
    > all the rest of the cat hair.

    And potato chip crumbs, fossilized peanut-butter sandwiches, assorted
    coins, and killer dust-bunnies.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    Preserve Wildlife! Throw a party today!

    The Old Sourdough, Apr 11, 2007
  12. Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:26:18 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Jimbo wrote:
    >>> Will get some tomorrow, just spray it into all the vents, yes?
    >>> Glenn
    >>> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >> No, open the case and spray the fans. And while you're there, clean out
    >> all the rest of the cat hair.

    > It's a laptop.

    <voice class="Gilda Radner as Emily Litella">

    Oh. Well, that's completely different. Never mind.

    </voice>

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 12, 2007
  13. Jimbo

    Spuds Guest

    On 11 Apr 2007 23:40:13 GMT, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> No, open the case and spray the fans. And while you're there, clean out
    >>> all the rest of the cat hair.

    >> It's a laptop.

    ><voice class="Gilda Radner as Emily Litella">
    >
    >Oh. Well, that's completely different. Never mind.
    >
    ></voice>

    "It's like that law to protect endangered feces. Just look around you - you
    can see it all over the place. Nobody needs to protect it."

    Spuds, Apr 12, 2007
  14. Spuds wrote:
    > On 11 Apr 2007 23:40:13 GMT, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    >
    >>Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> It's a laptop.

    >><voice class="Gilda Radner as Emily Litella">
    >>
    >>Oh. Well, that's completely different. Never mind.
    >>
    >></voice>

    > "It's like that law to protect endangered feces. Just look around you - you
    > can see it all over the place. Nobody needs to protect it."

    What's all this I hear about next year's presidential erection...?

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 12, 2007
  15. Jimbo

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Spuds wrote:
    >> On 11 Apr 2007 23:40:13 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    >> wrote:

    >>><voice class="Gilda Radner as Emily Litella">
    >>>
    >>>Oh. Well, that's completely different. Never mind.
    >>>
    >>></voice>

    >> "It's like that law to protect endangered feces. Just look around you -
    >> you
    >> can see it all over the place. Nobody needs to protect it."

    > What's all this I hear about next year's presidential erection...?

    Somebody's gonna get the shaft. Probably every US citizen <g>

    WhzzKdd, Apr 12, 2007
  16. Jimbo

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 09:42:06 -0700, WhzzKdd wrote:

    >> What's all this I hear about next year's presidential erection...?
    >>

    > Somebody's gonna get the shaft. Probably every US citizen <g>

    Didn't you notice? Every US citizen just got the shaft the last two times.

    Aardvark, Apr 12, 2007
  17. Jimbo

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 09:42:06 -0700, WhzzKdd wrote:
    >

    >>> What's all this I hear about next year's presidential erection...?
    >>>

    >> Somebody's gonna get the shaft. Probably every US citizen <g>

    > Didn't you notice? Every US citizen just got the shaft the last two times.

    Oh yeah. I noticed. And as a taxpayer, I not only got screwed without
    asking, but I had to pay for it too!

    WhzzKdd, Apr 12, 2007