    hard drive doesn't spin I set it up on my computer, fooled around with the
    jumpers same problem. I'm beginning to think it's the motherboard.Does
    anyone have an idea as to what is wrong.Thanks

    Sanic, Aug 30, 2003

  2. Sanic

    lvb_news Guest

    Hello,
    How many beeps you heard. We need more info!
    lvb

    lvb_news, Aug 30, 2003

  3. Sanic

    Sanic Guest

    No beeps

    Sanic, Aug 30, 2003
  4. If it's not the power supply, guess what?

    "Sanic" <> wrote in message
    > A couple weeks ago his apartment lights dimmed and after that his computer
    > won't boot the computer screen was just black like the computer wasn't on.

    > opened the case and the cpu fan is not working I thought his power supply
    > was bad but I swapped it with mine & same problem. It also looks like the
    > hard drive doesn't spin I set it up on my computer, fooled around with the
    > jumpers same problem. I'm beginning to think it's the motherboard.Does
    > anyone have an idea as to what is wrong.Thanks

    ---

    BananaPannaPoe, Aug 30, 2003
  5. Sanic

    Sanic Guest

    the motherboard is shot.Well looks like he has to buy another one.

    Sanic, Aug 30, 2003
  6. Sanic

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Sanic tried to scribble ...

    > A couple weeks ago his apartment lights dimmed and after that his
    > computer won't boot the computer screen was just black like the
    > computer wasn't on. I opened the case and the cpu fan is not working
    > I thought his power supply was bad but I swapped it with mine & same
    > problem. It also looks like the hard drive doesn't spin I set it up
    > on my computer, fooled around with the jumpers same problem. I'm
    > beginning to think it's the motherboard.Does anyone have an idea as
    > to what is wrong.Thanks

    If the HD doesn't work on another computer, as you describe, I'd guess he'll
    need a new one of those too, as well as a mobo ..

    --
    Seti 1942 wu in 14790 hours

    Paul - xxx, Aug 30, 2003