    i need help on this problem. my main concern is the CPU usage. The computer
    is not running smoothly as before the format. when i did the format i even
    did a full format and not the quick one. please help me!!!
    Warren Thai, Jul 12, 2004

  2. Warren Thai

    Jerry G. Guest

    You must be sure that the drivers you installed are all rated for XP. This
    is very important. The kernel and design of XP is very different than for
    the previous operating systems.

    I would first verify all the drivers. Once the system is working normally,
    then you can install your game to see if it is also causing some problems.
    You may find that there are some older softwares that may cause problems
    with XP. We have had this also happen to us.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ==========================

    "Warren Thai" <> wrote in message
    I have just formated my computer and installed windows xp. It is a real copy
    of xp. I have also installed video driver, modem driver and sound card
    driver. I also installed a computer game Battlefield 1942. However after I
    did all this, the computer does not run smoothly after startup.
    Problems:
    -the startup takes a long time. even when the welcome scrren appears and the
    welcome windows sound is heard, it takes some time till the "welcome" screen
    disappears.
    -directly after i start windows, and i press ctrl + alt + del, i find that
    the cpu usage is at about 45-50%.
    - when i play battlefield, it isn't smooth, i have a 128mb video card but i
    do not expect the problem to be due to the video card

    Jerry G., Jul 12, 2004