    We had our two office computers networked
    today I couldnt find the other computer listed under my network places. Do I
    have to re do the networking, or is it lost somewhere.

    sharon, May 17, 2008

  2. "sharon" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > We had our two office computers networked
    > today I couldnt find the other computer listed under my network places. Do

    > have to re do the networking, or is it lost somewhere.

    The fastest solution is to run your Network Wizard again.
    (This may lead to some duplicate entries in your Network
    Places.)

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

    Don Phillipson, May 17, 2008

  3. sharon

    Chuck [MVP] Guest

    On Fri, 16 May 2008 23:03:00 -0700, sharon <>
    wrote:

    >We had our two office computers networked
    >today I couldnt find the other computer listed under my network places. Do I
    >have to re do the networking, or is it lost somewhere.

    Sharon,

    Do the two computers have Internet connectivity? That's where you start - it
    tells you whether the networking is working at all.

    Examine the network methodically.
    <http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005/05/troubleshooting-network-neighborhood.html>
    http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005/05/troubleshooting-network-neighborhood.html

    If you like, post logs here from "browstat status", "ipconfig /all", "net config
    server", and "net config workstation", from each computer, so we can diagnose
    the problem. Read this article, and linked articles, and follow instructions
    precisely (Download browstat, and note how to install and run it.):
    <http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005/05/troubleshooting-network-neighborhood.html#AskingForHelp>
    http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005/05/troubleshooting-network-neighborhood.html#AskingForHelp

    --
    Cheers,