    load up, i checked up CMOS and everything seems to be right. What can i
    do?

    , Mar 14, 2006

  2. Guest

    when its done starting up it just stops and shows me the system
    configiguration, where it shows meeh what i have connected like my cd
    rom floppy and my hard drive

    , Mar 14, 2006

  3. JTJersey Guest

    On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 05:38:37 -0800, lankan.rebel wrote:

    > I have just bought a new hard drive a samsung 160 gb, and i wannt to
    > add that to my old computer. I have a start up cd and a disk but it
    > load up, i checked up CMOS and everything seems to be right. What can i
    > do?

    Have you installed the operating system yet? Make sure your BIOS is set
    to boot to the CD first. A WindowsXP or Linux CD should launch the format
    and installation program and just follow the prompts. If your trying to
    add it to an up and running system make sure your hard drive jumpers are
    set to Master/Slave configuration.

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, Mar 15, 2006
  4. Guest

    thanks for the suggestion and it work but now am gettng a error saying
    unmountable boot volume can anyone help with this?

    , Mar 16, 2006
  5. Tee Jay Guest

    wrote:
    > thanks for the suggestion and it work but now am gettng a error saying
    > unmountable boot volume can anyone help with this?

    Boot with XP CD.
    Repair Console
    Chkdsk C: \R
    Good Luck