Computer monitored access control

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by martin, Feb 20, 2006.

  1. martin

    martin Guest

    Hi Guys

    This is a little outside my expertise, but I'm sure someone here will
    have come across something similar.

    I'm looking for an entry control system. The kind of thing I have in
    mind is a thing on the outside door with an intercom buzzer, a small
    camera, microphone and speaker. The system is linked to a magnetic lock
    with a relay.

    Now the computer part. I think of it working with a web browser (it
    could be a special application) so someone sitting at their desk can see
    who is there and speak to them through a headset connected to the PC.
    Then push a button in the application/browser to release the lock.

    I've really no idea where to start and our usual suppliers don't seem to
    know what I'm talking about, they are more "wire it and it works" types.

    Anyone have any ideas? I got so much dross on Google I got lost with the
    usual wired entry systems rather than networked entry systems. I'm on
    the South Coast in the UK if anyone can recommend suppliers as well.

    Cheers
    Martin

    martin, Feb 20, 2006