    Later it stopped showing rectangular screen,so I opened body,but it is
    worst now,only white screen.
    Can anyone help to know what is to be done to fix it ourself.
    Thaqalain, May 26, 2005

  2. Thaqalain

    Plato Guest

    Thaqalain wrote:

    > After room windows installation,probably dust entered while cleaning
    > dust from top of monitor.First picture became concave inside,which
    > sometimes restored by pushing light hand pressure on top.
    > Later it stopped showing rectangular screen,so I opened body,but it is
    > worst now,only white screen.
    > Can anyone help to know what is to be done to fix it ourself.

    Pull the power cord out and blow out with compressed air. If no joy
    replace the unit.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, May 26, 2005

  3. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    I have tried to plug in two separate monitor power cords,but same
    result.
    Thaqalain, May 26, 2005
  4. Thaqalain

    Kenny Guest

    Don't attempt to fix it yourself, take it to a good TV engineer.

    --

    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, May 26, 2005
  5. Plato wrote:

    > Pull the power cord out and blow out with compressed air. If no joy
    > replace the unit.

    I've never blown out a power cord with compressed air. That's a new on
    on me. ;)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, May 26, 2005
  6. Thaqalain

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Plato wrote:
    >

    >>Pull the power cord out and blow out with compressed air. If no joy
    >>replace the unit.

    > I've never blown out a power cord with compressed air. That's a new on
    > on me. ;)

    Well worth doing at least every six months Blinky. It stops the smoke
    from becoming stagnant, keeping the appliance running smoothly.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, May 26, 2005
  7. Oldus Fartus wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Plato wrote:

    >>>Pull the power cord out and blow out with compressed air. If no joy
    >>>replace the unit.

    >> I've never blown out a power cord with compressed air. That's a new
    >> on on me. ;)

    > Well worth doing at least every six months Blinky. It stops the
    > smoke from becoming stagnant, keeping the appliance running smoothly.

    I shall perform that bit of maintenance tomorrow!

    Perhaps a good *preventive* maintenance approach would be the insertion
    a stent[1] running the length of the cord, to provide a dynamic smoke
    flow environment

    [1]In medicine, a stent is an expandable wire mesh tube that is inserted
    into a hollow structure of the body to keep it open. - Wikipedia

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, May 26, 2005
  8. Thaqalain

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Oldus Fartus wrote:
    >
    >>Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>>I've never blown out a power cord with compressed air. That's a new
    >>>on on me. ;)

    >>Well worth doing at least every six months Blinky. It stops the
    >>smoke from becoming stagnant, keeping the appliance running smoothly.

    > I shall perform that bit of maintenance tomorrow!
    >
    > Perhaps a good *preventive* maintenance approach would be the insertion
    > a stent[1] running the length of the cord, to provide a dynamic smoke
    > flow environment
    >
    > [1]In medicine, a stent is an expandable wire mesh tube that is inserted
    > into a hollow structure of the body to keep it open. - Wikipedia

    Good thinking. You could even put a vent in the stent for when you
    needed to insert the compressed air.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, May 26, 2005
  9. Oldus Fartus wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Oldus Fartus wrote:

    >>>Well worth doing at least every six months Blinky. It stops the
    >>>smoke from becoming stagnant, keeping the appliance running smoothly.

    >> I shall perform that bit of maintenance tomorrow!

    >> Perhaps a good *preventive* maintenance approach would be the insertion
    >> a stent[1] running the length of the cord, to provide a dynamic smoke
    >> flow environment

    >> [1]In medicine, a stent is an expandable wire mesh tube that is inserted
    >> into a hollow structure of the body to keep it open. - Wikipedia

    > Good thinking. You could even put a vent in the stent for when you
    > needed to insert the compressed air.

    The vent in stent fails mainly in the dent.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, May 26, 2005
  10. Thaqalain

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Oldus Fartus wrote:
    >
    >>Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>>I shall perform that bit of maintenance tomorrow!

    >>>Perhaps a good *preventive* maintenance approach would be the insertion
    >>>a stent[1] running the length of the cord, to provide a dynamic smoke
    >>>flow environment

    >>>[1]In medicine, a stent is an expandable wire mesh tube that is inserted
    >>>into a hollow structure of the body to keep it open. - Wikipedia

    >>Good thinking. You could even put a vent in the stent for when you
    >>needed to insert the compressed air.

    > The vent in stent fails mainly in the dent.

    Aah. OK, that makes perfect cents.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, May 26, 2005
  11. Thaqalain

    Locke Guest

    "Oldus Fartus" <> wrote in message
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Oldus Fartus wrote:

    >>>Good thinking. You could even put a vent in the stent for when you
    >>>needed to insert the compressed air.

    >> The vent in stent fails mainly in the dent.
    >>

    > Aah. OK, that makes perfect cents.

    Up late or two early guys?

    --
    Locke
    Replace NOT_com_THIS_TIME with .com to reply
    Locke, May 26, 2005
  12. Locke wrote:
    > "Oldus Fartus" <> wrote in message
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> The vent in stent fails mainly in the dent.

    >> Aah. OK, that makes perfect cents.

    > Up late or two early guys?

    Couldn't sleep; got back up and that kind of stuff happened. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, May 26, 2005
  13. Thaqalain

    Plato Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Plato wrote:
    >
    > > Pull the power cord out and blow out with compressed air. If no joy
    > > replace the unit.

    > I've never blown out a power cord with compressed air. That's a new on
    > on me. ;)

    I must have had to pee or something :)
    Plato, May 26, 2005
  14. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    After room windows installation,probably dust entered while cleaning
    dust from top of monitor.First picture became concave inside,which
    sometimes restored by pushing light hand pressure on top.
    Later it stopped showing rectangular screen,so I opened body,but it is
    worst now,only white screen.Later there was no white screen except a +
    falsh for a moment when I make push button on on cotrol unit.
    Today,I have opened chassis,replaced faulty fuse alonside main power
    entry unit(borrowing it from a 3rd monitor),monitor start working
    giving message:
    "Control Menu is locked";help me how to unlock control menu."
    Thaqalain, May 26, 2005
  15. Thaqalain

    Guest

    On Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    |>Plato wrote:
    |>
    |>> Pull the power cord out and blow out with compressed air. If no joy
    |>> replace the unit.

    |>I've never blown out a power cord with compressed air. That's a new on
    |>on me. ;)

    Neither have I, I usually just hang them up and let em drain.

    --
    http://www.honeynet.org/papers/phishing/
    , May 26, 2005
  16. Plato wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> Plato wrote:

    >> > Pull the power cord out and blow out with compressed air. If no joy
    >> > replace the unit.

    >> I've never blown out a power cord with compressed air. That's a new on
    >> on me. ;)

    > I must have had to pee or something :)

    Ever see a shark go anyplace special to pee? :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, May 26, 2005
  17. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    Breaking News:
    I took the fuse 4TH250 from a street monitor,replaced it with a faulty
    dead fuse @ entry of Power Cord inside chassis.
    I don't know why world is so beautiful.
    Thaqalain, May 26, 2005
  18. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    Monitor still flicker for a momnet picture shrinks on right and left
    short sides,like concave shape. This is happened while lifting it from
    underside to move it slightly on table.
    Thaqalain, May 27, 2005