    but I don't understand that. I have cleared cache, temp. internet files,
    and cookies and that hasn't helped.. Any simple ideas will be appreciated.
    L.D.

    L.D., Jul 20, 2007

  2. L.D.

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 18:51:47 -0500, "L.D." <>
    wrote:

    >I have looked in event log but I don't understand that.

    Ok, so copy and paste what you don't understand.

    Evan Platt, Jul 20, 2007

  3. L.D.

    Mike Easter Guest

    L.D. wrote:
    > I have an Acer Aspire 5100 laptop with 1024 mb ram and connected with
    > internet wireless with 2 other computers. It has Windows vista basic.
    > I has started locking up.

    > Any simple ideas will be
    > appreciated.

    Personally, I would get rid of Vista and see if I couldn't find some
    other OS to install. Which one I would choose would depend on what I
    found in shopping (or hack/cracking) and what I was going to do with the
    computer.

    If shopping finds you a good deal on some other Win OS, you might
    consider that, but I wouldn't pay anything close to retail for XP. You
    are most likely to find a good deal that has some install flexibility on
    something like Win2K.

    You can surely find a good deal on linux distros. Download & burn a
    live linux CD. If it looks good to you, install it. If it doesn't look
    good to you, download & burn another one. Wash, rinse, repeat.

    1 gig for Vista the bloated is a little slim even if it is the
    emasculated basic.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 20, 2007
  4. L.D.

    Alfred Guest

    wrote:

    >I have an Acer Aspire 5100 laptop with 1024 mb ram and connected with
    >internet wireless with 2 other computers. It has Windows vista basic. I
    >has started locking up. There is no pattern, some time after using a
    >minute or two, sometime after and hour or so and other time not at all.
    >Sometime you can hardly use it because it will lock up several times in
    >10 minutes. There is no error message. It just locks up and only thing
    >you can do is turn it off with off button. I have looked in event log
    >but I don't understand that. I have cleared cache, temp. internet files,
    >and cookies and that hasn't helped.. Any simple ideas will be appreciated.
    >L.D.

    Ditch Vista and get a less buggy OS

    Alfred, Jul 20, 2007
  5. L.D.

    Plato Guest

    L.D. wrote:

    > I have an Acer Aspire 5100 laptop with 1024 mb ram and connected with
    > internet wireless with 2 other computers. It has Windows vista basic. I
    > has started locking up. There is no pattern, some time after using a
    > minute or two, sometime after and hour or so and other time not at all.
    > Sometime you can hardly use it because it will lock up several times in
    > 10 minutes. There is no error message. It just locks up and only thing
    > you can do is turn it off with off button. I have looked in event log
    > but I don't understand that. I have cleared cache, temp. internet files,
    > and cookies and that hasn't helped.. Any simple ideas will be appreciated.

    Have you run the various anti-virus and anti-spyware apps? Most good
    ones are free.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jul 21, 2007