    under that at all. I have cleared cache and temp. internet files. Any
    ideas what I can do to stop this. It seems to be happening more often.
    L.D.
    L.D., Jul 11, 2007

  2. L.D.

    Dan C Guest

    On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 03:33:44 +0000, L.D. wrote:

    > I have an Acer 5100 with vista and 1024 ram and use it wireless with a
    > netgear 614 router. I am using Seamonkey browser.It is less than 3
    > months old. It has started locking up, no pattern, some time after only
    > a few min. of surfing and some time not at all. It has no error message,
    > ctrl. alt. del. doesn't work. Only thing you can do is shut down and
    > restart and it might run a minute or over and hour without it doing it
    > again or no more that day. I have looked in event viewer but I don't
    > under that at all. I have cleared cache and temp. internet files. Any
    > ideas what I can do to stop this. It seems to be happening more often.

    I'd suggest you wipe that silly Vista off, and install a modern Linux
    distribution. You'll never look back.

    Dan C, Jul 11, 2007

  3. Use Firefox.
    www.getfirefox.com

    --
    Thanks,
    Bryan K

    To reply, remove .com
    Your Best Friend, Jul 11, 2007
  4. L.D. wrote:

    > I have an Acer 5100 with vista and 1024 ram and use it wireless with a
    > netgear 614 router.

    First thought: plug the computer directly into the router with a
    network cable, bypassing the wireless. Turn the wireless OFF in the
    router's control panel.

    > I am using Seamonkey browser.It is less than 3 months old. It has
    > started locking up, no pattern, some time after only a few min. of
    > surfing and some time not at all.

    Second thought: what anti-malware programs have you run? See:
    http://k75s.home.att.net/tips.html#spyware

    > It has no error message, ctrl. alt. del. doesn't work. Only thing you
    > can do is shut down and restart and it might run a minute or over and
    > hour without it doing it again or no more that day. I have looked in
    > event viewer but I don't under that at all. I have cleared cache and
    > temp. internet files.

    "temp. internet files" ? Aren't they the things you get with Internet
    Explorer? You don't use that, do you? C'mon, be honest.

    > Any ideas what I can do to stop this. It seems to be happening more
    > often. L.D.

    How hot is it where you are? Could be temperature related.

    "Your Top-Posting Best Friend" suggests Firefox as the solution, but he
    probably doesn't know that SeaMonkey and Firefox share the same browser
    engine. <hoot!>

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 11, 2007