    on yet. The vista has never locked up with me before on any web site or
    for any other reason. What might be the problem?
    L.D.
    L.D., Jun 20, 2007

  2. L.D. wrote:

    > I just started to using my bank web site to look over my account. I
    > have 2 computers, a vista laptop and a xp desktop both wireless with
    > my home network. The xp connects fine. The vista locks up every time,
    > never got on yet. The vista has never locked up with me before on any
    > web site or for any other reason. What might be the problem?

    Using SeaMonkey on both? If not, try it (or Firefox) on the laptop.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 20, 2007

  3. L.D.

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:31:27 -0500, "L.D." <>
    wrote:

    >I just started to using my bank web site to look over my account. I have
    >2 computers, a vista laptop and a xp desktop both wireless with my home
    >network. The xp connects fine. The vista locks up every time, never got
    >on yet. The vista has never locked up with me before on any web site or
    >for any other reason. What might be the problem?

    Try a different browser.

    Or provide some details about the vista laptop - make, model, memory,
    etc.
    Evan Platt, Jun 20, 2007
  4. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > L.D. wrote:
    >

    >>I just started to using my bank web site to look over my account. I
    >>have 2 computers, a vista laptop and a xp desktop both wireless with
    >>my home network. The xp connects fine. The vista locks up every time,
    >>never got on yet. The vista has never locked up with me before on any
    >>web site or for any other reason. What might be the problem?

    > Using SeaMonkey on both? If not, try it (or Firefox) on the laptop.

    He's using SeaMonkey to post with so it's probably not an IE issue.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 20, 2007
  5. Rôgêr wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> L.D. wrote:
    >>> I just started to using my bank web site to look over my account. I
    >>> have 2 computers, a vista laptop and a xp desktop both wireless
    >>> with my home network. The xp connects fine. The vista locks up
    >>> every time, never got on yet. The vista has never locked up with me
    >>> before on any web site or for any other reason. What might be the
    >>> problem?

    >> Using SeaMonkey on both? If not, try it (or Firefox) on the laptop.

    > He's using SeaMonkey to post with so it's probably not an IE issue.

    Possibly. He may be posting from the desktop, and use IE on the laptop.

    Also, as it is a bank site, it may be detecting IE (7?) and sending some
    ActiveX control that doesn't work beyond IE6. With little details,
    everything is a guess.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 20, 2007
  6. L.D.

    L.D. Guest

    The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5100 with 1G memory. It had 512mb and I
    added another 512 of exactly the same brand etc. I also have an old
    win98 in the shop on the same network. I haven't tried to connect to the
    bank with it, I will later. All three are using Seamonkey, same version.
    L.D.

    L.D., Jun 20, 2007
  7. L.D.

    L.D. Guest

    L.D. wrote:
    > The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5100 with 1G memory. It had 512mb and I
    > added another 512 of exactly the same brand etc. I also have an old
    > win98 in the shop on the same network. I haven't tried to connect to the
    > bank with it, I will later. All three are using Seamonkey, same version.
    > L.D.
    >I am in out in my shop right now on the win98 computer and it gets the web

    page OK. I didn't mention I have not signed up yet with a name and
    password.
    Was just looking the site over. sooo I haven't even tried to go into a
    secure
    part of the site yet on any of them.
    L.D.

    L.D., Jun 20, 2007
  8. L.D. wrote:

    > L.D. wrote:
    >
    >> The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5100 with 1G memory. It had 512mb and I
    >> added another 512 of exactly the same brand etc. I also have an old
    >> win98 in the shop on the same network. I haven't tried to connect to
    >> the bank with it, I will later. All three are using Seamonkey, same
    >> version.
    >> L.D.
    >> I am in out in my shop right now on the win98 computer and it gets the
    >> web

    > page OK. I didn't mention I have not signed up yet with a name and
    > password.
    > Was just looking the site over. sooo I haven't even tried to go into a
    > secure
    > part of the site yet on any of them.
    > L.D.

    This could possibly be a question for the bank's IT people.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 20, 2007
  9. L.D. wrote:

    > .. I didn't mention I have not signed up yet with a name and password.
    > Was just looking the site over. sooo I haven't even tried to go into
    > a secure part of the site yet on any of them.

    In that case, can you reveal the URL of the bank/page in question, and
    perhaps a Vista user in this group can test it? And I'll look at the
    code and see if anything looks unusual.

    --
    -bts
    -Vista, schmista; that lets me out
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 20, 2007
  10. L.D.

    L.D. Guest

    OK, I am now on the laptop and used Internet Explorer and got on the
    page OK. Then went to Seamonkey and ,guess what, got on ok. I had tried
    at least 7 or 8 times over a 3 day period with no success. The site is
    http://www.texaspremier.com/ I hope it will continue to work.
    Thanks L.D.

    L.D., Jun 20, 2007
  11. L.D. wrote:

    > OK, I am now on the laptop and used Internet Explorer and got on the
    > page OK. Then went to Seamonkey and ,guess what, got on ok. I had tried
    > at least 7 or 8 times over a 3 day period with no success. The site is
    > http://www.texaspremier.com/ I hope it will continue to work.
    > Thanks L.D.

    What's your account name and password?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 20, 2007
  12. L.D.

    L.D. Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > L.D. wrote:
    >>
    >> OK, I am now on the laptop and used Internet Explorer and got on the
    >> page OK. Then went to Seamonkey and ,guess what, got on ok. I had
    >> tried at least 7 or 8 times over a 3 day period with no success. The
    >> site is http://www.texaspremier.com/ I hope it will continue to work.
    >> Thanks L.D.

    > What's your account name and password?

    Account Name:iaint
    Password:nofool

    While I was reading this last post the computer locked up. Now, since I
    did get on the web page and was on it long enough to look it over good,
    I'm not sure what the problem is. Nothing works when it locks, have to
    shut down with off on switch. Oh well!
    L.D.
    L.D., Jun 20, 2007
  13. L.D.

    meerkat Guest

    "L.D." <> wrote in message
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >> L.D. wrote:
    >>>
    >>> OK, I am now on the laptop and used Internet Explorer and got on the
    >>> page OK. Then went to Seamonkey and ,guess what, got on ok. I had tried
    >>> at least 7 or 8 times over a 3 day period with no success. The site is
    >>> http://www.texaspremier.com/ I hope it will continue to work.
    >>> Thanks L.D.

    >> What's your account name and password?

    > Account Name:iaint
    > Password:nofool
    >
    > While I was reading this last post the computer locked up. Now, since I
    > did get on the web page and was on it long enough to look it over good,
    > I'm not sure what the problem is. Nothing works when it locks, have to
    > shut down with off on switch. Oh well!
    > L.D.

    Go have a look at your Event Viewer.
    You might find the cause of your lockup.
    meerkat, Jun 20, 2007
  14. L.D. wrote:

    > OK, I am now on the laptop and used Internet Explorer and got on the
    > page OK. Then went to Seamonkey and ,guess what, got on ok. I had
    > tried at least 7 or 8 times over a 3 day period with no success. The
    > site is http://www.texaspremier.com/ I hope it will continue to work.

    Heh. A few years back I switched banks because the then-current one's
    web site would only work in Internet Exploder.

    Your site, which is actually: http://portal.fxfn.com/ebhtx
    if you read the frameset masking code, will not work if I refuse cookies
    for fxfn.com. That true link does not inspire confidence. Looks like a
    scam link to me, or at least is patterned as phishing scams usually are.

    Although it does seem to be registered to:

    FundsXpress Financial Network, Inc.
    11950 Jollyville Road
    Austin, TX 78759-2309

    <http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp;jsessionid=4ab2832d52cb0ffffffffaeafa4cddfb1d6e:FQ9e?domain=fxfn.com>

    Since I don't want spurious cookies on my box, I stopped there.

    Good luck with it.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 20, 2007
  15. L.D.

    L.D. Guest

    I am no computer whizz, so I have to ask what is "Event Viewer"

    Snagnasty, that is strange, you get exactly the same page from to
    different addresses. How did you find that out? Long story short story.
    My wife has worked at that bank 28 years and is retiring the last of
    this month. Since she won't be there to watch for the checks that I
    write is the reason for wanting to register for this. I'm not good at
    telling her what I write and she says after 49 years she isn't gona try
    to get me to now. Her bank just bought 3 banks that was called Texas
    Premier. Her banks web site didn't have bill pay and other goodies. I
    guess that is why they kept the newly bought branches web site with just
    changing the name but kept the url. Oh well, who knows
    Thanks
    L.D.

    L.D., Jun 20, 2007
  16. L.D.

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:03:46 -0500, L.D. wrote:

    >I am no computer whizz, so I have to ask what is "Event Viewer"

    But you can use www.google.com ?

    www.google.com

    What is it
    Event Viewer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Event Viewer in Windows Vista December CTP 5270. Event Viewer is a
    component of Microsoft's Windows NT line of operating systems that lets
    administrators ...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event_Viewer - 18k - Cached - Similar pages

    Another Google hit, using EV to troubleshoot , an overview and tour
    http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10877_11-6108150.html

    <snip>

    Short version, how to run it.
    Start / Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Event Viewer

    Really short version,
    Start / Run / eventvwr / OK

    >meerkat wrote:
    >> "L.D." <> wrote in message
    >>> Account Name:iaint
    >>> Password:nofool
    >>>
    >>> While I was reading this last post the computer locked up. Now, since I
    >>> did get on the web page and was on it long enough to look it over good,
    >>> I'm not sure what the problem is. Nothing works when it locks, have to
    >>> shut down with off on switch. Oh well!
    >>> L.D.
    >>>

    >> Go have a look at your Event Viewer.
    >> You might find the cause of your lockup.

    Me
    why?, Jun 20, 2007
  17. L.D.

    Plato Guest

    L.D. wrote:

    > I just started to using my bank web site to look over my account. I have
    > 2 computers, a vista laptop and a xp desktop both wireless with my home
    > network. The xp connects fine. The vista locks up every time, never got
    > on yet. The vista has never locked up with me before on any web site or
    > for any other reason. What might be the problem?

    Same thing happens when you use Firefox? If not, then you have a browser
    problem, not an OS issue.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 21, 2007
  18. L.D.

    Top Guest

    On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:03:46 -0500, L.D. wrote:

    > I am no computer whizz, so I have to ask what is "Event Viewer"
    >
    > Snagnasty, that is strange, you get exactly the same page from to
    > different addresses. How did you find that out? Long story short story.
    > My wife has worked at that bank 28 years and is retiring the last of
    > this month. Since she won't be there to watch for the checks that I
    > write is the reason for wanting to register for this. I'm not good at
    > telling her what I write and she says after 49 years she isn't gona try
    > to get me to now. Her bank just bought 3 banks that was called Texas
    > Premier. Her banks web site didn't have bill pay and other goodies. I
    > guess that is why they kept the newly bought branches web site with just
    > changing the name but kept the url. Oh well, who knows
    > Thanks
    > L.D.
    >

    > meerkat wrote:
    >> "L.D." <> wrote in message
    >>> Account Name:iaint
    >>> Password:nofool
    >>>
    >>> While I was reading this last post the computer locked up. Now, since I
    >>> did get on the web page and was on it long enough to look it over good,
    >>> I'm not sure what the problem is. Nothing works when it locks, have to
    >>> shut down with off on switch. Oh well!
    >>> L.D.
    >>>

    >> Go have a look at your Event Viewer.
    >> You might find the cause of your lockup.

    I'm using Vista and Firefox for browser. I tried the webpage your bank
    with no broblems. I went to my sons computer that has the same setup with
    the exception that his connects through a wireless router, has no
    problems the webpage.

    Sorry I couldn't give you any useful information.

    Top

    --
    The good die young, pricks last forever.
    Top, Jun 21, 2007